Position is responsible for supporting the delivery of business analysis and consulting processes and procedures for the defined specialism using sound technical capabilities, building and maintaining effective working relationships, ensuring relevant standards are defined and maintained, and supporting delivery of process and system improvements. Specialisms: Business Analysis; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.
- Part of a cross-disciplinary team, working closely with other data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, data managers and business partners.
- Architects, designs, implements and maintains reliable and scalable data infrastructure.
- Writes, deploys and maintains software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality-assure data at bp.
- Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; develops, maintains and improves CI / CD pipeline,
- Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services they maintain, responsible for defining and maintaining SLAs. Design, build, deploy and maintain infrastructure as code. Containerizes server deployments.
- Actively contributes to improve developer velocity.
- Mentors others.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Informatics, Information Systems or in another quantitative fields
- Years of experience: 8 to 12 years with minimum of 5 to 7 years relevant experience
- Deep and hands-on experience (typically 5+ years) designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to lead large organizations through influence
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- No prior experience in the energy industry required
- Empathetic: Cares about our people, our community and our planet
- Curious: Seeks to explore and excel
- Creative: Imagines the extraordinary
- Inclusive: Brings out the best in each other