Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
Responsible for supporting the delivery of business analysis and consulting processes and procedures for the defined specialism using sound technical capabilities, building and maintaining effective working relationships, ensuring relevant standards are defined and maintained, and supporting delivery of process and system improvements. Specialisms: Business Analysis; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.
- The safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. The role will advocate and lead in this and promote a culture of security and safety in everything that we do.
- Work as part of evolving multi disciplinary teams which may include Software Engineers, Enterprise Technology Engineers, Designers, SecOps, and Product owners to deliver value through the application of specialist skills
- Work with vendors and partners providing market solutions to optimize the usage and value which can be delivered from the appropriate technology platform
- Ensure operational integrity of what you build, assuring operational compliance with architectural and security standards, as well as compliance and policy controls refined by Strategy.
- Mentor others and become a conduit to connect the broader organization.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Oversee digital products of Castrol China (Supply Chain) and ensure the delivery quality and operation excellence of the services provided to business and customers.
- Manage vendors, contracted team members and stakeholders in daily operation and projects.
- Work closely with local and global stakeholders on the digital product solution design, including architectural, technical, security and compliance requirements.
- Lead the development and implementation to ensure both bp principles as well as industry best practices are properly adopted and landed in a China for China context
- Oversee the management China Castrol (supply chain) digital projects, ensuring time, quality, and budget goals are met
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a numerate degree
- 5+ years or above software engineering experience and 2+ years with leading role on managing digital applications / platforms and familiar with IT sourcing methodology.
- Solid experience in modern web development, preferably with Java / NodeJS / Python
- Experience in IoT development and data engineering is a big plus.
- Familiar with popular opensource frameworks and tools, e.g., Spring Cloud, JPA, etc.
- Proven hands-on experience in modern software architectures, e.g., Micro-service, and cloud native architecture.
- Proven leadership with good interpersonal skills, communication, and vendor management skills. Able to work independently and adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent time management skills to set priorities and meet critical time deadlines.
- Ability to use initiatives and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures.
- Good in both spoken and written English communication.
- Strong Communications skills and a high ‘EQ’ with the ability to operate across complex business environments and stakeholders up to senior executive level
- Demonstrable Knowledge in the application of modern Service Delivery methods - Site Reliability Engineering to traditional ITIL, and understanding of Product Based delivery
- Project Management experience delivering IT led projects
- Broad experience contributing and collaborating to assist design, plan, implement, maintain, and document services and solutions.
Why join us?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life! These benefits can include flexible working options, paid parental leave policy among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Up to 10% travel should be expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Business Acumen, Commercial acumen, Communication, Data Analysis, Data cleansing and transformation, Data domain knowledge, Data Integration, Data Management, Data Manipulation, Data Sourcing, Data strategy and governance, Data Structures and Algorithms, Data visualization and interpretation, Digital Security, Extract, transform and load, Problem Solving
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.