Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Innovation & Engineering Team and advance your career as a
Senior Enterprise Technology Engineer (IAM)
Innovation & Engineering is at the centre of BP’s Group Strategy. We use our data and technology expertise, to improve efficiency, increase effectiveness and harness the transformational potential of digital technologies and new business models.
In this role You will:
- Work on the strategic technology platforms we exploit from the market or come with deep skills in the implementation and integration of market solutions into our overall technology landscape. You will be familiar with software delivery principles and lifecycle methods, with Agile delivery and the DevOps approach at the core
- Act as the lead engineer to develop and maintain Identity and Access Management (IAM) capability for Trading & Shipping in support of the financial and risk policies and controls
- Collaborate with vendors providing relevant market solutions to deliver secure IAM management based on the appropriate technology platform
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand business priorities and requirements in support of a managed backlog of work
- Work with bp architects and the central IAM teams to develop a coordinated strategic direction that will continue to support the financial and regulatory requirements of the trading organization
- Ensure operational integrity of what you build, assuring operational compliance with architectural and security standards, as well as compliance and policy controls refined by Strategy
- Mentor others and become a conduit to connect the broader organization
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams
- Advocate and lead in this and promote a culture of security and safety in everything that we do
What You will need to be successful:
- At least 5 years hands-on experience implementing and configuring IAM systems, preferably with experience of RSA’s Identity Governance & Lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of and at least 3 years hands-on experience of operating in a server-based architecture, e.g. UNIX, Linux.
- Good knowledge and at least 3 years experience of working with RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, SQL)
- Track record of working with a hybrid team of delivery resources (internal & external); utilising scrum methodology where relevant
- Strong communications skills and a high ‘EQ’ with the ability to operate across complex business environments and stakeholders up to senior executive level.
- In-depth knowledge of IAM and security principles as applicable to financial business
- Experience of operating in a financial business environment (e.g. trading), preferably within the energy sector
- Project Management experience delivering IT led projects
- Broader development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C/C++) is good to have
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 3 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2023 Award (SSC / BSC sector) third time in a row at PwC's annual employer research. Come and join us!
Some travel may be required with this role, this is negotiable
Relocation may be negotiable for this role
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Digital Security, IAM Tools, Identity Access Management (IAM), Linux Server Management, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), Scrum Methodology
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.