The role of external relations advisor is to support Head of Policy & Regulatory Affairs in all appropriate lobbying efforts at the national level on behalf of bp in Indonesia. The role strategizes, leads, initiates, coordinates & maintains relationship building and regulatory lobbying efforts, providing early warning with regard to emerging risk & political intelligence.
Job Requirements :
- Access & Influence: Building relationship with key & relevant authorities at the national level to create and improve understanding of the Company’s new strategy (net zero ambition) and the oil and gas industry in general.
- Providing early-warning: Identifying and analysing issues with potential reputational risk, providing recommendations/strategies to manage the risks.
- Message effectiveness: ability to deliver and present message credibly and effectively on behalf of the Company with key national stakeholders.
- Externally the Jobholder is required to support the Head of Policy & Regulatory Affairs in ensuring as much as possible that there are no surprises from non–technical risk point of view by proactively gathering intelligence from multiple sources and providing recommendations on actions needed to mitigate/neutralise emerging regulatory or reputational risk.
- Daily interaction with Head of Policy & Regulatory Affairs to discuss national lobbying efforts, set up/confirm meetings, share intelligence, discuss issues, advise, develop and recommend strategies to manage/overcome or to achieve specific regulatory objectives.
- Regular interaction with Head of C&A Indonesia, with various business entities in Indonesia including G&LCE, RC&S and C&P as well other enablers as needed. to get alignment on regulatory lobbying efforts at the national level and initiate external engagement to gain access to relevant regulators/authorities.
- Supporting BP Indonesia leadership as the Company’s representative to manage relationship with relevant authorities at national level.
- Coordination of all appropriate lobbying efforts at the national level on behalf of the Company.
- Advising on emerging regulatory & political risk to company.
- Identifying and analyzing issues with potential regulatory risk; recommending and implementing strategies to address these issues.
- Representing companies in key events as necessary
- Daily interaction with Policy & Regulatory Affairs team to provide update, share intelligence, compare note regarding emerging risk (regulatory and political risk) and advise strategies/recommendation to neutralise/prevent risk from escalating
- Interaction with RC&S group for political update and other political risks management in the country
Desirable Criteria :
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Communications, Journalism or related field and twelve (12) years related experience in external/corporate/government affairs or legislative affairs as a lobbyist, analyst, aide, or staff for a government agency, elected official or legislative committee.
- Have relevant experience in PSC and Energy sector industry
- Have twelve (12) years related experience in external/corporate/government affairs or legislative affairs as a lobbyist, analyst, aide, or staff for a government agency, elected official or legislative committee.
- Resourceful, resilience, fast learner and has access to and contacts with key relevant stakeholders in central government ministries, agencies and institutions including all relevant executive, legislative branches of the government and key foreign embassies