The AsPac Cash and Working Capital Manager is responsible for leading the cash agenda for bp's Customers and Products businesses across the Asia Pacific region (C&P AsPac), including delivery of working capital targets, performance management other cash activities such as dividends and divestments, providing leadership on price exposure management and leading cross-functional teams to execute financing structures with external banks.
C&P AsPac includes an integrated fuels value chain and market-leading convenience offers across Australia, New Zealand, China, India, and Indonesia. Leveraging strong partnerships, both internal and external, we are focused on commercial success from an integrated supply chain, the delivery of differentiated mobility and convenience offers, and new low carbon energy solutions to rise to the challenge of a net zero world.
We are looking for individuals who can lead through values with the ability to identify and drive working capital management and overall cash flow delivery. This role works closely with the strategy, operations and functional expert teams and is a high-profile role within our business.
- Manage overall cash flow for bp's Customers and Products business in Asia Pacific (C&P AsPac).
- Chair key meetings that drive cash delivery outcomes.
- Provide necessary context/support for C&P AsPac Leadership Team meetings where the cash flow performance and outlook is discussed.
- Lead delivery of the in-year capital expenditure pipeline, including partnering with Finance Managers to underpin committed expenditure and deliver necessary interventions.
- Manage factoring arrangements by coordinating the process with banks, shared services, Treasury, Control, Legal and business teams.
- Work with Procurement on optimizing payment terms.
- Review Cash forecasts prepared by FP&A team.
- Partner with Supply and Trading teams on reviewing transaction structures that impact price exposure and cash outcomes.
- Provide input into purchase and sale strategy for NZ carbon offsets.
- Review annual NZ Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) return and surrender of units.
- Provide insight and challenge on how to manage and sustainably reduce working capital.
- Provide input into investment cases for major projects affecting working capital.
- Run cash management/working capital training.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, technical discipline, or any other equivalent degree.
- Self-starter, able to use initiative, drive solutions through uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery.
- Finance background – performance management, accounting, and control.
- Understanding of hedging, commodity price risk management, supply chain financing.
- Exposure and management of long supply chains.
This is an AsPac role housed in Midstream, reporting to the Midstream Senior Finance Manager and partnering closely with the Midstream business team to manage the material cash flows of that organisation and the rest of the C&P AsPac business. This role provides an excellent opportunity to develop operational, commercial and finance experience, build external networks, and offers extensive exposure to the C&P AsPac Leadership Team and Finance Leadership Team.Benefits of working with us
Please be aware that all bp ANZ employees must be Permanent Residents or Citizens of Australia or New Zealand.
- Excellent work-life balance & flexible working arrangements
- Generous salary package including annual bonus program
- 12% superannuation
- Employee share plan, and fuel discounts
- Collaborative environment that celebrates achievements, diversity, and culture
- Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave/4 weeks paid partner leave
- Career development and mentoring programs
- Collaborative team with a safety-first approach