We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?Finance teams ensure up-to-date, reliable, accurate and transparent financial, accounting, management and statutory reports. Elaborate assets and transactions, carrying out the month end close processes and data integrity, financial statutory reports, general finance and accounting, controlling, intercompany accounting, performance reporting.
Join our Team and advance your career as a Senior Financial Accountant working on a new transition!
In this role You will:
- Carry out quarter end and month end closing processes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve issues and queries and work closely with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform additional group reporting activities independently.
- Deliver statutory close, prepare statutory deliverables and give continuous support for all stakeholders.
- Ensure that tax packs are completed, and all relevant teams are supported according to business needs.
- Carry out and review balance sheet reconciliation work for businesses/countries supported.
- Support intercompany processes, segment reporting, group audit, also the statutory SME in coordinating statutory planning & audit.
- Search for process improvement opportunities.
We have the following requirements:
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Confident level of English
- Relevant degree and minimum 3 years of experience in financial accounting, group reporting or statutory accounting
- Excellent analytical skills, strong accounting background
- Customer focus and a solution-oriented personality
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement