Grade H Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using sound technical capabilities to lead the design, development and maintenance of the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future.
We are a future thinking tech incubator developing the next-generation technologies that are being used to solve the climate change issues we are facing globally. We are looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list is endless and is growing every day.
About the job:
The business believes in empowering engineers to solve technical challenges, you will enjoy working with autonomy, cutting-edge technology, and talented teams.
- Demonstrate strong foundations in coding principles, be able to understand, create low-level algorithms and solve complex problems efficiently
- Work as part of a team developing web applications within agile methodology
- Keep up with the latest technology innovations in media, cloud and software development
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem
- Collaborate on and contribute to architectural plans
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are met to the highest standards
- High level of experience in any of the following languages C++, C, C#, Objective-C, Java, Python
- Experience in engineering databases, algorithms, APIs and data structures
- Experience with cloud environment development, deployment and APIs
- Working knowledge of a continuous integration and delivery pipeline, a DevOps mindset to help build, run and own your own code in a production environment.
- A firm believer in test-driven development and continuous deployment with tools such as Jenkins.
- Best practice knowledge of security, performance and accessibility.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms and serverless architecture with AWS and/or GCP.
- Previous usage of workflow tools such as JIRA.
- General software engineering maturity I.e. building efficient pipelines which have a high bus factor
- Knowledge of handling politics in large complex orgs i.e. operating models, process, multiple vendors
- Experience in large orgs where there is a lot of role fragmentation i.e. security, site reliability, testers, scientists, analysts, product owners.
- Generalist skills i.e. might be exposed to winforms / wpf / web apps / data science / ml / data engineering
- Software Engineering maturity / CICD / Testing / PRs / Promotion / Environments / Ticketing +Auditing / Security tooling / standards
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree (must have)
- Tech industry experience highly desired
- Track record of developing products that customers have used, i.e. have been shipped to production