Responsible for providing technical and administrative support to geological, geophysical, petrotech, refinery, or land personnel. Also, responsible for loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analysing, and reporting data related to well logs, seismic activity, or refining activity.
- To carry out quality control tests on lube oils, additives and decanting products.
- To perform quality control test on production samples and incoming additives and bulk base oils to ensure products meet required specifications.
- To perform QA testing such as ARV, Flash Point (PMCC) and Rust Test
- To prepare and maintain accurate record of test reports and to interpret and analyse test results.
- To prepare laboratory reagents and standardise them for use.
- To implement good housekeeping to ensure that the laboratory has a safe and balanced working environment.
- To ensure that laboratory equipment and apparatus are in tip-top condition for use.
- To be responsible for periodic instrument and equipment calibration and ensuring that they are in good working condition.
- Assisting in commissioning of equipment and ensure that it is fully operational and reliable for testing.
- To ensure accurate testing results generated.
- To assist in trouble shooting at the Blending Section.
- To supervise laboratory glassware, chemicals, gases and approved miscellaneous items. To ensure sufficient stock of reagents and chemicals at all times.
- To co-ordinate and collaborate closely with Operation staff on production blending and filling status.
- To ensure accurate and timely generation of Work Orders.
- To update production test data for Certificate of Analysis and monthly Summary Report.
- To conduct warehouse inspections to acquire relevant information such as COA to ensure product quality and accurate documentation.
- To conduct pilot blends when there is a new or change in the product formulation.
- To upkeep cupboards and store-room that keep production record files and retention samples.
- As the Area Authority, Issuing Authority and Performing Authority for the Cockpit Permit-To-Work System.
- The jobholder should have 2 years of experience in similar capacity and manufacturing environment.
- A recognised diploma in Chemical Process Technology / Chemical Engineering or Chemistry related.
- Understanding of HSE requirements relating to lab operations.
- Understand test procedure and carry out test competently.
- Carry out day to day laboratory activities and conduct duties assigned.
- Must be a team player.
- Be responsible to stand-by for duty from time to time if there is a need for overtime in the laboratory.
- Shall comply to laboratory procedures, safety rules and risk assessments.
- Perform instrument calibrations and performance checks
- Able to formulate a pilot blend and carry out QC tests