Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
Responsible for managing a large team to deliver procurement, programme and stakeholder management support in line with business priorities for the hub or at site, coordinating development of demand forecasts, enabling value delivery cross-category and ensuring compliance, in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. We have a bold ambition: be a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and help the world get to net zero. Creating a more efficient business that makes the best use of its resources is a critical part of getting there. And that’s what our new global business services (GBS) centre in Pune, India is here to do – put digital at the heart of our business and accelerate the transformation of bp’s business processes across the globe. Driven by the bp values and comprising capabilities in data, procurement, finance and customer service, the GBS centre will drive pioneering digital solutions and agile ways of working.
Key Accountabilities and challenges
Accountable for service delivery that drives effective invoice processing and prompt payment to BP suppliers and issue resolution on employee expenses. Provide end to end proactive monitoring and management of transactional pipeline to ensure workload prioritization drives better user experience and on time payment to suppliers. Support Squads to implement timely and innovative improvements in existing processes delivering better value and experience. Inspire, coach, and partner with business partners and 3rd party vendors to deliver outcomes whilst ensuring an inclusive culture. Resolve complex issues that are brought up by the team and oversee and supervise their performance. Ensure compliance to relevant policies that may differ from country to country whenever possible, failing which may result in a negative impact on bp.
Performance Management & Governance
- Lead performance of overall Accounts Payable process through direct team of Invoice processing and various indirect teams.
- Lead the regular governance with business customers.
- The process is going through tremendous transformation and teams needs to be lifted from processing transactions to managing exceptions and driving business value.
- Support changes in services by leading the management of change process with customers – internal & external
- Help with input / support on reason for change proposals
- Support internal change communications and implementation
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and strive improvement towards operational excellence
- Oversee and lead the accurate and timely delivery of Accounts Payable operation
- Identify, lead and call out risks as required
- Ensure continuous operations including BCP
- Implement compliance with policy and procedures, accurate and timely reporting to internal controls for which the team is responsible.
- Work with the relevant Internal Control team to retain controls currently owned within the team and facilitate internal and external audit review
- Direct Line management for 8+ direct reports and a team of ~100 team member
- Create an inclusive environment recognising diversity of team members
- Communicate clear instructions to team members and& listen to team member feedback
- Drive rewards and recognition program for team members
- Drive teamwork ethos for the benefit of the company and the team
- Assist in project coordination, recruitment, training and management of people
- Support career development framework, personal development plans and succession planning for team
- Builds capability through inspiring teams to learn new skills, adopt new practices and seek growth opportunities
- Carry out people management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including:
- Plan, assign and direct work.
- Appraise performance; provide feedback and coaching, and reward employees.
- Provide opportunities for learning and self-development and facilitate the development of technical competencies.
- Continuously strive to build a culture of high-performance.
- Develop a good understanding of all the business partner organisations served as well as the operations in order to be able to deliver high quality service and outcomes.
- Familiar with the different AP processes and systems involved between the respective teams.
- Lead different stcustomersf various levels of seniority in order to better understand expectations and needs.
- Laisse with multiple internal and external customers in different time zones and potentially in different languages requiring meticulous coordination between teams.
- Lead team members who are servicing different customers in various geographical locations and using different systems.
- Working hours (ANZ/ASPAC/UK/Europe/US shift) to support Business Partners
Essential Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Strong understanding of procurement and general accounting practices with detailed knowledge of accounts payable and invoice processing practices
- Minimum of 18+ years plus experience leading a client-service oriented function with experience in management of large corporate initiatives/projects, strategic thinking, relationship management, financial budgets and processes
- Minimum 5 years on hand experience in Accounts Payable and Invoice processing process on SAP, JDE and Ariba Guided Buying
- Experienced in recruiting, developing and coaching employee
- Direct process management experience including standard methodologies, driving innovation, continuous improvement, technologies, processes, procedures and tools
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
- Ability to communicate and influence across different levels in the organisation
- Engaging and collaborative way of working
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment
Up to 10% travel should be expected with this role
This role is eligible for relocation within country
This position is not available for remote working
Agreements and negotiations, Analytical Thinking, Building sustainability, Business Acumen, Category spend profiling, Category Strategy, Commercial acumen, Communication, Cost modelling, Decision Making, Digital fluency, Market Analysis, Negotiation planning and preparation, Sourcing strategy, Stakeholder Management, Supplier Selection, Sustainability awareness and action, Value creation and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.