DCM Midstream Software engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software components, services, and applications including their integrations and interfaces with enterprise systems to ensure businesses using the products are able to meet their business objectives.
The Market Platforms and Midstream team is an integral part of the Digital Customers and Markets (DCM), which is part of the Innovation & Engineering (I&E) business entity.
Markets and midstream platforms is accountable for delivering digital products to our business entities and more specifically responsible for trading & shipping and midstream digital platforms, operations and digital transformation.
• We manage transport and logistics with our fleet of crude oil and product tankers and liquefied natural gas carriers.
• We buy feedstocks for our refining systems, airports and retail sites and we sell the surplus that comes out of the refineries.
• We strive towards operational excellence by leveraging new digital and remote tools for better collaboration, decision making and execution.
Software engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software components, services, and applications including their integrations and interfaces with enterprise systems to ensure businesses using the products are able to meet their business objectives.
• Collaborating with Business analysts, architects and platform engineers to design the solution.
• Write design documents and review them with software engineering and architecture peers, incorporating and quickly iterating on the feedback.
• Lead the delivery of projects to production. Follow best practices including writing high quality code, developing unit, functional, and performance tests, and creating end-to-end deployment pipelines to production to maintain a fast velocity.
• Integrate software with other distributed systems and shared APIs across bp.
• Work closely with partner teams to help evolve their systems to make all of our services more re-usable and resilient.
• Mentoring junior software engineers and peers, and proactively sharing your expertise and interests with others.
• Partner closely with multi-functional teams including product management, data science and data engineering, and UX design where applicable.
• Support existing apps and features in case of high priority incidents.
• Minimize technical debt and reduce toil/manual activity.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science / information technology / science or Mathematics.
• Experience in developing applications using C# programming language.
• Hands on experience of AWS services (e.g Amazon RDS, EC2, Palantir Foundry) and version control (e.g git) with a strong understanding of AWS VPC, Cloud front, Route 53 and API gateways and real time streaming data service Amazon Kinesis.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Power Platform (e.g Powerapps, PowerBI, Power Automate).
• Experience in designing and developing Rest API's.
• Working experience on Palantir Fusion and Palantir platform.
• Experience designing and building software systems end-to-end which have been optimally delivered to production.
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with your peers through to senior leaders.
• Knowledge and experience with the specific treatment required to delivering initiatives within supply chain business, secondary logistics systems.
• Experience of working in an Agile/Lean/DevOps environment.
• Requirements Definition through business analysis.
• Data Analysis.