Responsible for providing specialist Off-Shore Structural engineering expertise to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying advanced engineering judgement to assist in setting and implementing engineering technical practices, and drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
Location: Sunbury, UK – Currently most of our employees are working remotely. Once we start returning to the office, we’ll be embracing a new hybrid working solution, meaning this position would be split between remote and office working. Project roles tend to be secondments into the offices of the primary project contractor.
Reporting to the Offshore Structural Engineering Manager, this role is an opportunity to join bp’s new, centralized, global team of offshore structures engineers and work on our new offshore wind projects. The focus of the role is the design, construction and operation of wind turbine and oil & gas jackets, monopiles and topsides of floating structures.
- Supervising the design and analysis, fabrication and installation of offshore and wind turbine jacket/monopile structures
- Ensuring safe and cost-efficient design and operation throughout asset life
- Ensuring the integrity management of producing assets
- Ensuring design and operations are in accordance with bp’s technical practices and performance standards
- Quantifying and communicating risk to relevant stakeholders
- Oversight and relationship management of third-party suppliers and contractors
- Communicate risks and opportunities for improved personal and asset performance
- Understanding of the interfaces between engineering disciplines and associated equipment
- Understanding and contribution of the bp policy to deliver lower carbon solutions to the World’s energy needs
- Representation of bp in relevant industry bodies
- Participate in mentoring and coaching by actively sharing your expertise and experience with team members
- Degree in structural or civil engineering or in a closely aligned discipline
- Chartered structural or civil engineer or chartered status in closely aligned discipline (or evidence of progression towards full chartered status)
- Strong technical skills and significant proven experience in the design, construction or integrity management of offshore oil, gas, wind energy structures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry either offshore or onshore
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards, project management, design drawings, management of change, loadout / installation / removal, risk assessment and performance management, inspection, maintenance & repair strategies and process safety
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI-JH1 #bpwind #bpoffshorewind