At bp, we provide a phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status
Grade H Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using sound technical capabilities to lead the design, development and maintenance of the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
· Acts as the platform engineering lead for the design, development, testing operation and maintenance of a suite of software systems / infrastructure platforms (depending on specialism) to satisfy user requirements.
· Contributes to strategic development for the specialism, that in turn shapes and supports delivery of projects, ensuring activities and outputs remain fit for purpose.
· Drives adherence to the relevant processes, procedures, standards, technical design and the need to design and build to operate / operate for design and build, and defines, maintains and implements best practice technology standards.
· Works with the team and provides highly advanced technical expertise to create vision and maximize value from current applications / platforms and emerging technologies, showing technical thought leadership and driving continuous improvement efforts.
· Designs, develops, tests, operates and maintains infrastructure platforms, depending on specialism.
·Monitors and reports on potential risks/opportunities of emerging technologies.