You will be part of the team providing Market Risk technology services to bp’s Trading & Shipping entity. Reporting into the Market Risk Technical Lead, you will provide data analysis and development capability across multiple Market Risk projects as well as BAU activity. As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be a member of the Market Risk Platform development team and a key contributor to the cross-commodity Risk organization.
The Senior Platform Engineer will be highly relied upon to assist with the build of the Market Risk unifying analytics/reporting capabilities and to deliver enhancements to existing reporting solutions. The Senior Platform Engineer will be responsible for delivering scalable, robust, and seamless technology solutions that aim to deliver optimal operating value through the provision of fit for purpose technology solutions enabling commercial growth, effective risk management and cost efficiency.
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain Microsoft based Business Intelligence SSAS enterprise solutions within an Agile/SCRUM framework
- Understand and implement Business Intelligence and Reporting Solution Architecture utilizing Design Patterns and best practices.
- Develop and support Database stored procedures and complex SQL to perform data transformations.
- Validate the logical design against the data model
- Provide technical and functional knowledge to support other staff members within the team
- Interact with internal/external team members throughout the application lifecycle
- Help gather and document business requirements from business users as necessary.
- Manage builds and migrations between various staging environments
- Monitor and maintain application security and integrity
- Tune and monitor reporting application performance
- Maintain code automated SQL Pipeline build process
- Manage code within VSTS source control system
- 3rd line support of production systems including analysis and troubleshooting of problems
- Assist with release or change management process
• Reporting and data analysis skills
• Microsoft SSAS (2016+)
• PostgreSQL (11.0+) and MS SQL Server (2012+) databases
• Integration between SSAS and PostgreSQL
• ETL (Informatica, SSIS)
• Reporting tools (SSRS, Power BI, Business Objects)
• Data Mappings
• Experience working in an Agile teams
• Background in creating design documentation (e.g. data catalog)
• Effective and clear communicator
• High self-motivation and strong delivery focus
• Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and passion for professional software development.
• Experience with large-scale enterprise-wide IT environments containing multiple technologies, servers, and logical environments
• Demonstrates evidence of project completion including transition to support in an enterprise environment
• Experience with enterprise project lifecycle
• Experience with Change and Release Management
• Application of best practices to ensure quality and accuracy of project deliverables