As the Unit Leader (UL) / Senior Project Manager, your mission will be to deliver a portfolio of hydrogen and other new energy (NE) projects to support and build BP’s NE business in Australia.
The UL leads an integrated agile team that is accountable for the safe and successful delivery of a value enhancing, robust, standardized, scalable NE projects. Australia has a portfolio of new energy projects that will be developed to meet bp’s net zero target. Reporting to the VP for New Energy, the UL will deliver Projects to the operating base.
The UL will provide leadership and direction of NE project delivery teams to ensure safe design and quality execution. The UL will be an integrator of disciplines for the project, including engineering, technology integration, construction planning, project controls and will provide performance management against agreed delivery targets. You will be accountable for project execution planning from concept to operations.
- Demonstrate behaviours which promote a safe and environmentally responsible work process in all aspects of the job
- Plan and lead the development of NE delivery model including contracting, procurement, and construction management/execution strategies
- Lead the stage-gated governance process and coordinate input from project team members and disciplines for project evaluation and execution
- Manage and report project cost, schedule and safety along with any other significant metrics of project success
- Interface with bp stakeholders to ensure alignment of project objectives with business drivers
- Capture, communicate, and apply lessons learned and best practices
- Work with the HSSE Project Team to identify and effectively mitigate HSSE risk
- Rigorous performance management experience.
- Ability to drive standardisation and industry solutions to reduce cycle time, improve cost competitiveness and capital efficiency, and deliver inherently lower cost, easier to operate, safer and environmentally efficient project outcomes.
- Experience enabling team creativity and agility to achieve optimum pace and cost efficiency.
- Experience creating Project missions and objectives using the business framing and decision quality process where applicable.
- Ability to own the integrated cross-functional activity planning and ensuring practicality of execution on the ground in the operating base.
- Standardized work processes, including MPcp and standardized digital tool kit.
- Owning OMS conformance and self-verification.
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!