A Discipline of technology and software specialists providing innovative, custom built or customized software and technical platforms to BP colleagues and external users. Primary activities will be in the development, customization, testing and support of IT applications and platforms, as well as contribution to technical designs. Software Engineers will focus on software and application build supporting specific business requirements or enabling functions. Platform Engineers will focus on underpinning or enabling technology platforms with a lens on volume, capacity, performance, stability, integrity and high availability.
Education & Experience
- Lead in the lifecycle of UX research, engagement for digital products and platforms (eg: ServiceNow)
- Maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using the appropriate design and prototyping tools.
- Develop application as required using code and visual design skills
- Drive continuous improvement on UI/X across portfolio as a business-as-usual activity
- Bachelors (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science
- Proven Experience as an UI-UX Developer with Software Development skills
- Experience in developing cohesive overall design strategy & assess design solutions against the criteria.
- Ability to generate and drive design ideas and to communicate those ideas effectively.
- Ability to plan, organize and priorities with good attention to details.
- Experience in using different tools and techniques to perform relevant user engagements
- Knowledge on web programming or scripting (such as CSS and HTML)
- Able to work with minimum supervision, with great interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, be flexible and exercise discretion on confidential issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Good knowledge and understanding of modern development methodologies (Agile using Scrum and/or Kanban).
- Understand DevOps practices and techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, Lean, flow, eliminating waste.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle, including design, security, design patterns for extensible and reliable code, automated unit and functional testing, CI/CD and telemetry