Bp is transforming and at our Digital Hub in Pune we are growing the digital expertise and solutions needed to advance the global energy transition.
Digital Engineering are a team of technology and software specialists providing innovative, custom-built or customized software and technical platforms to bp colleagues and external users. We’re looking for curious minds who are excited by the opportunity to create and deliver an exciting suite of digital products and services, whilst collaborating globally, backed by a culture that encourages creativity.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Identity and Access Management (IAM) team, you are a senior member of a team creating Application solutions for BP colleagues and external users.
Your team’s mission is to be the digital provider of choice to your area of BP – delivering innovation at speed where it's wanted, and day-in-day-out reliability where it's needed. You will operate in a dynamic and commercially focussed environment, with the resources of one of the world's largest Digital organisations and leading Digital and IT vendors working with you. You will be part of growing and strengthening our technical talent base – experts coming together to solve BP and the world’s problems.
While your role will continue to remain within Software and Platform engineering, your initial activities described below may change over time
Key Accountabilities :
- Delivery of stable and efficient Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions including implementing new solutions and technical debt management/remediation of existing platforms. We believe in DevOps – you build it, you run it!
- Ensure IAM Services in scope of role evolve in response to changing business needs, technology developments and maintain alignment to bp standard operating environments and emerging technologies
- Working with functional stakeholders, project managers and business analysts to understand requirements
- Work with a team of platform/software engineers promoting a culture of agility, continuous improvement and embrace opportunities provided through increased automation
- Maximise value from current applications and emerging technologies showing technical thought leadership in their business area across a wide range of technologies
- Works with users and business analysts to understand requirements
- Collaborates with peers across I&E teams and mentors more junior software engineers
Desirable Education, Experience and Capability:
Preferably a Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science.
8-12 years, with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Validated experience and deep skill in one or more of ASP.NET with MVC Framework, C#, Rest API, Azure Function apps, MS Graph API and tools
- Experience and knowledge of Azure Active Directory and application authentication patterns SAML, oAuth flow vs Basic/Legacy auth flow
- Willingness and ability to learn, to become skilled in at least one more cloud-native (AWS and Azure) solutions on top of your existing skillset
- Deep understanding of the development lifecycle, including design, security, design patterns for extensible and reliable code, automated unit and functional testing, CI/CD pipelines, secure development standards and telemetry
- Demonstrated understanding of modern technologies like Cloud native, containers, serverless
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Application Support
- Embrace a continuous improvement culture
- Agile methodologies
- Risk Management
- Systems Development Management
- Monitoring and telemetry tools
- User Experience Analysis
- Cybersecurity and compliance