Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using sound technical capabilities to lead the design, development and maintenance of the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
Working as a software engineer in Trading & Shipping –
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world. In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fuelled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.
Join us and help us achieve these goals by:
What you will do for us...
- Embracing and promoting the DevOps & SRE methodologies. Software Engineers are responsible for developing applications and leveraging the strategic tools and platforms to maximize business competitive advantage. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply developing and continuously evolving a globally diversified portfolio that accesses new markets, commodities and commercial opportunities
- Using your technical skills in software development, platform engineering and automation.
- collaborating with our business groups to provide innovative solutions that add value to bp’s business
- Contributes and collaborates to assist designs, implements, maintains reliable and scalable server-side software.
- Is hands-on and actively contributes to code.
- Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, behaviour driven development, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; Consumes approved DevSecOps enabled CI/CD pipelines.
- Adheres to agile methodology and operates and builds DevOps maturity. Ensuring delivery of business incremental change safely and reliably.
- Actively contributes to building DevOps maturity, incrementally and measurably improving delivery velocity.
- Provide technical leadership, contribute to key design decision and mentor more junior staff.
- Broad experience designing, planning, implementing, maintaining, and documenting solutions.
- Depth of experience to recommend appropriate platforms for any given business requirements.
- We want SDET with deep technical and testing experience i.e. in crafting high quality, business readable test cases that are built to last and integrated into a Continuous Integration process i.e. will run natively on an Azure Dev Ops build server
- Complete tasks quickly and thoroughly owns issues and is highly dependable.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures.
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity