This is a critical role in bp’s group strategy team. Reporting into the VP Strategy for Customers & Products, this role is instrumental in shaping the C&P strategy and portfolio. C&P is a critical division for bp, housing bp’s customer and product businesses including midstream, Castrol lubricants, aviation, biofuels, mobility and convenience, and EV charging. It is a large, relatively diverse but highly interconnected organisation. The selected candidate will work with the SVP Corporate Strategy, the VP Strategy for C&P and collaborate with senior stakeholders across C&P to develop strategy, support portfolio optimisation/M&A decisions, and ensure on track delivery of 2025/2030 C&P targets – including our carbon reduction Aims.
What does the day to day look like?
- Lead the development of strategy in key C&P businesses based on priorities (e.g. Castrol, convenience, aviation)
- Act independently and as part of a senior strategy team, to manage and deliver high quality strategy engagements: project management, stakeholder management, leading teams through analysis, developing a strong strategic narrative and set of conclusions
- Support the development of integrated C&P strategy and collaborate with the C&P Portfolio & Integration team to embed it into the overall narrative and transformation activities
- Develop and contribute to various programs that:
- focus on growth and development of customer offers
- optimise the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximise integrated value
- support reduction of carbon intensity of the marketed products
- build strategic partnerships that drive long-term value for C&P
- bring digital and customer insight to deliver solutions
- Work with other members of the group strategy team to support the development and articulation of our strategy to the Executive, Board and Investors
- Support the business on the assessment of specific opportunities, negotiations with partners and M&A transactions
- Work with our network of strategic partners
What do we want to see from you!
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in oil and gas / energy, transportation and mobility, consumer products, retailing, automotive value chain
- Experience in conducting analysis and developing strategies for various markets/customers
- Creative and analytical problem solver with experience designing products and customer offerings
- Strong people leader with demonstrated capability of succeeding in fast-paced environments whilst motivating and retaining top talent
- Consistent track record to integrate and lead teams by crafting a clear sense of purpose with a background of ambiguity
- Hands-on leader who is able and willing to hold the pen
Consulting/Strategy development toolkit:
- Ability to build collaborative relationships in a multicultural – multidisciplinary environment and communicate across a wide band of levels within bp
- Track record of presenting complex issues to senior stakeholders
- Consistent track record of project management
- Understanding of fuels value chain from refinery to wheels
- Previous international experience across diverse energy markets
What you can expect from us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neuro-diversity/neuro-cognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.