The Subsea Engineering team is accountable for delivering all Engineering scopes for subsea tie-back projects to existing/new facilities in the respective Regions.
The Senior Subsea System Engineer will support tie-back projects as assigned by the Subsea Systems DL and the project Engineering Manager in the region. The key responsibility is to lead the delivery of the subsea system’s engineering scopes throughout the different project development phases (concept development through execute) and handover to operations.
The role will be based in London (BP or Contractor office), and day to day reporting will be to the project Engineering Manager in the Region.
- Supports the project Engineering Manager with setting clear direction and performance managing the Engineering/EPCI contractors supporting the Subsea tie-backs in the respective region, to deliver safe, reliable and cost effective systems in support of project objectives.
- Accountable for ensuring engineering quality, work processes and design integrity are maintained through handover to Operations.
- Co-ordinate self-verification and engineering assurance activities (e.g. HAZID/ISD, HAZOP/LOPA, Design Reviews, MDEs, PHSSERs, SUARs….etc.), in line with the Engineering verification Plan to ensure Safe Design and Quality Build.
- Owner of key system engineering deliverables through handover to operations.
- Ensure Subsea System engineering is delivered in line with project schedules.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and conformance with Projects OMS, MPcp/CBcp and BP Standards.
- Interfaces with Central Subsea team and other functions like (Wells, Operations….etc.) to ensure equipment delivered meets the project functional requirements.
- Liaison with the key stakeholders to update them on project status and solicit their input into decisions that may affect their discipline/unit.
- Ensure BP requirements are incorporated into the designs.
- Identify and manage subsea system deviations from engineering specification and practices.
- Provide engineering input to contracting strategy, contractor evaluation and selection.
- Follow the processes in place to identify and manage/mitigate engineering risks.
- Own and manage the Vulnerability process on their assigned project.
- Manage technology qualification and implementation following the 78 Series of ETPs / BP Subsea Reliability model.
- Consult with SMEs, SETA, and P&O TAs as appropriate on key issues of engineering integrity.
- Ensure that any brownfield considerations and current operating philosophies are identified and addressed in the scope of work.
- Experience in Project delivery environment within the subsea system engineering discipline. Preference for experience with subsea projects and Operations.
- At least 10 years of experience in subsea engineering delivery.
- Chartered Engineer/Professional Engineer in relevant discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking multi-discipline pragmatic decision making in a key engineering role.
- Experience in performance managing Engineering contractors, and/or EPIC contractors to deliver engineering.
- Ability to engage with projects personnel, internal stakeholders, contractors and suppliers and willing to challenge to ensure engineering values are delivered
- Experience in technology qualification and implementation
- Demonstrated safety focus with a commitment to continuous improvement in HSSE performance.
- Ability to set clear direction, expectations and accountabilities
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced BP engineers
- Knowledge of BP’s Engineering Guide, Engineering Technical Practices, OMS and MPcp/CBcp.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulatory framework governing the respective region.
Why join our team?
- Experience with Regional work processes and previous experience with handover of a project to Operations.
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
- Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them.
- Actively promotes open & effective communication
- Flexibility to take on wider project roles as needed.
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!