From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances. Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Indirect Tax Team and advance your career as a Senior Tax Team Lead!
In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Be the leader of the Tax System Team/Tax SMEs are maintaining SAP condition record settings, invoice layouts and tax code setups
- Be the single point of contact for Group Tax when it comes to SAP system configuration changes related to tax
- Global end to end accountability over designated indirect tax compliance and/or system portfolio including, but not limited to ITCF, scenarios, sampling, quality testing, consolidation and submissions
- Coach and develop junior leaders
- Develop and embed end to end Tax performance reporting in GBS Europe
- Manage independently team task portfolios, reallocations in accordance with global function
- Lead Global Projects independently generating efficiency to GBS
- Develop live resource planning and manage recruitments
- Propose and apply standard solutions across towers in the global function
- Carry out validations / reconciliations for countries supported (especially follow up on failed reconciliations / validations)
- Resolve queries and issues as they arise typically directly with the Country Finance / Tax teams
- Work with the Country Finance / tax teams to understand priorities and work to deliver against these as required
- Manage tax audits from a receiving end
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant degree and 6+ years’ experience in related Indirect Tax Accounting and Reporting area
- People management experience
- 2-3 years finance lead, team leader or audit manager experience
- Fluent, negotiation level of business English,
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness,
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with focus on client responsiveness and cooperation skills.
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement