Responsible for supporting product development through managing a portfolio of development/investigation projects involving the design and development of new products and test methods, using sound technical capabilities to report on and deliver specifications for products that have new or improved performance features or cost advantages, ensuring the delivery of key milestones.
Key Results/ Accountabilities
- The primary purpose of the role is to lead projects that to design and develop new driveline and/or EV thermal fluid products and test methods. The new products and methods are required to meet the changing demands of regional/ global markets and to provide opportunities to differentiate the performance of BP’s products from its competitors.
- The role holder will optimally report and deliver the specifications for products that have new or improved performance features and/or improved cost of goods benefits compared to previous BP or competitors’ products.
Experience & Expertise
- Management of a portfolio of driveline and/or EV thermal fluid development projects through effective planning, execution and documenting test programs so that key landmarks are delivered on time and on budget.
- Building effective networks with both domain experts and operational staff within the technology function to facilitate the delivery of projects, these networks include product testing, deployment, quality, stewardship, intellectual assets, research and compliance.
- Building effective networks outside of the technology function to include: suppliers of goods and services, technical consultancies, OEMs, BP marketing, BP sales, BP Legal.
- Providing technical leadership by mentoring and advising the work of less experienced colleagues.
- Develop and share expertise to facilitate continuous improvement within the Development Team
- Specific Product Quality accountabilities as detailed on the GLT role cards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical field
- Demonstrated track record in delivering projects passionate about product development, engineering or research
- Proven experience of lubricant development, battery development or product research and technology
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to working
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Provide evidence of designing novel work programs
- Proficient English and Chinese, preferably German
- Demonstrated experience in Lubricants, Additives or Automotive/battery industries would be helpful.
- Good knowledge of automotive, battery and/or systems engineering.