The Senior Wellsite Leader (SWSL) is accountable for leading all activities, HSSE, operations, and logistics at the well site for all related well construction activities (drilling and completion), workover and intervention activities with the goal of meeting or exceeding performance metrics.
The SWSL is the bp site representative for Wells organization and will lead Wells and Contractor Personnel to assure that well operations, which are under their control are carried out in a manner that adheres to bp’s Values and Behaviours, is conformant with the requirements of bp’s OMS, practices and procedures and is compliant with local government regulations.
The SWSL is a safety critical role due to the impact of the decisions they make on operations.
While working at the rig site, the SWSL is embedded in the operations team and accountable for supporting planning and execution activities for well construction activities (drilling and completion), workover and intervention activities.This position requires travel to the offshore site.
The Well Site Leader has a key role in managing safety, people, and performance, at the well site. The following roles & responsibilities associated with the role:
- The SWSL supports the development of junior staff and assures lessons and experience is transferred across rig lines.
- Verify that well monitoring and well control procedures are understood and implemented.
- Foster and maintain a safety culture that allows others to speak up, stop-the-job, identify hazards, and manage change, Maintain oversight of contractor Safety Management System.
- Promote timely reporting of Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) incidents, Daily supervision of operations program execution and witness of critical activities
- Continuously monitor performance, collate lessons learned, and look for opportunities to enhance efficiency.
- Communicate clear performance expectations and ensure visibility of delivery versus the plan along with relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
- At least 15 years of well operations experience, with a minimum of 10 yrs working at the well site in a supervisory position.
- Experience working in and preferably supervising, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Degree in a qualified in engineering, science, or technical field
- Experience with Managed Pressure Drilling is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels to be able to effectively project manage multi-disciplinary scopes of work.
- Valid Supervisory Well Control Certificates for both drilling (subsea and surface) and well servicing. (WellSharp or IWCF L4).
- BOSIET or HUET training.
The SWSL will need to cultivate relationships with Engineering Teams, contractors and well service personnel in the field.
Other key relationships include Well planning service providers, Wells Operations team, Logistics for supplies and personnel, the New Well Delivery team, the Resource team, Drilling Engineering, Completions Engineering, Interventions, and Integrity teams.
Why join us
At bp, we believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life, including a generous paid parental leave policy and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.