Entity:Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
As part of bp “reinvent”, we have created a major new business line called “Innovation & Engineering” (I&E). One key remit of this group is to drive the transformation of the company through its use of digital and data. A major digital sub-team within I&E is Digital Production & Business Services (DP&BS). DP&BS are responsible for all digital and data initiatives and operations across the following areas of the bp business:
· Effectively works with cross-disciplinary team, working closely with architects, other data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, data managers and business partners.
· Implements and maintains reliable and scalable data infrastructure.
· Leads, grows, and develops a squad of data engineers that writes, deploys, and maintains software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality-assure data at bp.
· Advocates for and ensures their teams adheres to software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
· Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; develops, maintains and improves CI / CD pipeline,
· Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services they maintain, responsible for defining and maintaining SLAs. Help design, build, deploy and maintain infrastructure as code. Containerizes server deployments.
· Actively contributes to improve developer velocity.
· Deep and hands-on experience (typically 3 - 5 years) designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining, and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
· Depp and hands-on experience on Azure Big Data Stack and Databrick
· Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
· Experience with SQL and noSQL database fundamentals, query structures and design best practices, including scalability, readability, and reliability
· Experience implementing large-scale distributed systems in collaboration with more senior team members
· Knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
· Strong stakeholder management
· Continuous learning and improvement mindset
· BS degree in computer science or related field
Up to 10% travel should be expected with this role
This role is eligible for relocation within country
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Business Acumen, Commercial acumen, Communication, Data Analysis, Data cleansing and transformation, Data domain knowledge, Data Integration, Data Management, Data Manipulation, Data Sourcing, Data strategy and governance, Data Structures and Algorithms, Data visualization and interpretation, Digital Security, Extract, transform and load, Problem Solving
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.