Do you want to make a real contribution to the sustainability of our planet? The electric vehicle market is rapidly growing, and as a Senior Service Designer B2C you can be part of it!
bp pulse are the UK’s fastest growing EV charging network and we need YOU to help us on our adventure to get to an Electric Future and become NetZero.
We’re looking to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. We aim to deliver the fastest, most convenient network of 100,000 EV charging points worldwide by 2030. To do this, we need to rapidly grow our fantastic team with the best EV experts out there.
YOU can help us get there, we’re searching for skilled EV experts who are passionate and curious individuals to join our team to help the world electrify!
We're looking for a talented and driven Service Design Lead to join our fast growing and diverse team of designers who are passionate about creating outstanding user experiences for innovative products for BP pulse. BP pulse is one of the largest electric vehicle charging companies in the UK, and we are committed to growing and expanding a global network of public charging points. The new brand has international presence in Germany the Netherlands China US and soon more countries.
As a service design lead you will drive and connect all service design activities across bp pulse B2C product portfolio managing multidisciplinary teams and being responsible for their quality of project deliverables. You will be both hands on, deliver project work but also be comfortable providing design leadership. You will act as an inspirational leader that really cares about developing service designers, whilst defining what service design means that BP.
In this role you will be an active member of the service design community to share knowledge, coach and mentor other service designers, develop innovative approaches to problem solving, and contribute to the evolution of the tools are methods of the practise.
Your key responsibility will be to lead the B2C design streams through the definition of the customer journeys as well as;
- Define standard methodologies working with the service design directors
Experience is what matters most for this role. As the successful candidate you should have experience working as a service designer within in house design team or at a design agency. Experience of leading a wide range of team sizes from project specific to discipline teams is also vital to the role. You should have a portfolio that highlights your approach to problem solving coupled with your skills in service design.Other skills required:
- Lead your business unit and projects in all things service design
- Solve complex business problems using service design methods think, strategically about opportunities and facilitate the creation of a shared experience vision
- Input into and implement the process and ways of working through which service design will be implemented
- Champion service design within the organisation educating your partners and taking them on a journey to truly understand the value of service design
- Be a key contributor in thought leadership around service design at BP
- Use your influence to impact partners to meet the project's ambitions
- Deliver storytelling pieces using strong content design and presentation skills
What can we offer you to electrify your career with us?At bp pulse, we are expanding our global business with the dynamism and buzz of a new start up. With benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning, and development opportunities to enable you to craft your own career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others. In this role you will feel empowered, capable, energised, and able to act as decision makers.Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, neuro diversity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.bp pulse operates a 60% office (central London), 40% home flexible working policy i.e., we rock a hybrid model and offer the best of both worlds!#bppulse#LI-MM1
- Understand qualitative and quantitative research methods and when to use them.
- Extensive experience of planning and facilitating user research and analysing the data to provide practical insight.
- Experience of a wide range of tools and methods, such a service design blueprints and personas.
- Ability to dive into, and map the complex backstage capabilities such as technology, people, processes and policies.
- Lead projects and coach others in the approaches and mentality of design thinking to help accelerate the adoption of design within the organisation and mentor other service designers to help them with their development.
- Able to confidently facilitate and lead workshops with both designers and project partners to create a shared understanding of the problem space, the user's and the end-to-end journey.