Grade GResponsible for exploring and developing new business opportunities, managing the successful development of offers, building strong and effective relationships with appropriate partner/supplier contacts and project managing specific elements of strategic projects, whilst exercising a sound combination of commercial and technical rigor to help achieve BP's growth objectives.
Key Results/ Accountabilities
The main accountabilities of the role include:
In addition, the Shareholder Rept will optimally be the executive “go-to “person for JV Management and BP Internal for any JV related stuff.Key challenges faced on the role：
- Represent BP as a shareholder representative to handle/run JV performance and improve JV partner relationship. Proactively explore and develop new opportunities with JV partner within or going beyond JV.
- Maintain JV governance and ensure compliance to support BP consolidation agenda.
- Owns the process to support JV strategy development, key deliverables and KPI’s with JV Management to improve both BP and JV’s interests in China. These include but not limited to S&OR, compliance, finance, investment, performance, BIPs, etc.
- Represent BP to engage and negotiate Related Party transactions and contracts with JV partner.
- Work with JV Management and BP internal cross-functional teams to handle shareholder BoD processes.
- Lead the assessment and formation of BP positions at the shareholder and BOD meetings including but not limited to prepare relevant documents and reporting materials, mobilize internal resources/expertise etc.
- Lead relevant BP internal approvals processes (e.g. AtN, EFM etc.) and actions related to JV management and investment decisions.
- Liaison between BP internal stakeholders and the JVs to ensure timely and sufficient communications of JV issues and performance.
- Support JV Management in preparation/execution of JV strategy development, such as competitiveness assessment, land access and demand partner development, etc.
- Support JV Management to handle broader external relationship and demonstrate BP connections as needed.
In addition, the role will have to maintain close communications with FM&S London and the broader CDT teams and management.Experience & Expertise
- To handle all BP internal cross-functional interfaces to ensure timely and sufficient supports to JV development and operation
- To improve connection with various DiDi teams and individuals to improve relationships and improve influence and bring the partnership alongside BP in delivering JV agenda
- Support JV Management in JV strategy development by delivering clear messages of BP strategy and providing timely shareholder office supports to JV by coordinating BP internal decision making and approval
- To closely monitoring China EV market development and be able to form an independent views and judgement when forming BP’s position on JV issues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Understanding of commercial etiquettes, fiduciary duties etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to form and build JV teams and BP Secondees.
- Critical thinking and relevant good knowledge of the EV and charging industry.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in handling a dynamic and fluid situation.
- Track record of decision making under multiple/conflicting priorities.
- Experiences in account management, business development and financial/performance control are preferred.
- Degree qualified; Master/MBA preferred.