Responsible for creating, project managing, supporting and deploying offers for a specific market, supporting the strategy development, creating the customer value proposition, developing the communications plan and providing project leadership for major offer projects globally.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our team?
At bp, we’re seeking to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable and affordable energy. That means crafting a more efficient business that makes the best possible use of all its resources, reimagines energy and reinvents who we are on our mission of net zero!
Do you want to play an important part in our NetZero ambitions and work with an outstanding team of sustainable mobility enthusiasts?
We have a fantastic opportunity a shareholder representative who's eager to contribute to build and scale successful EV businesses across Europe. The shareholder representative will be responsible for representing bp’s interests in our e-mobility JVs and partnerships.
Protects and enhances BP’s interests in its automotive e-mobility joint ventures and partnerships; ensure shareholder governance and maintain partner relationships; be accountable to commit to performance; focal point of shareholder and BoD processes and lead related party transactions and contract negotiations with JV partner.
The main accountabilities of the role include:
- Represent BP as a shareholder representative to lead/monitor JV performance and improve JV partner relationship. Proactively explore and develop new opportunities with JV partner within or going beyond JV
- Work with JV partner to evaluate business plans and associated investment cases
- Maintain JV governance and ensure compliance to support BP consolidation agenda.
- Develop financial oversight critical metrics and work with JV partners to ensure compliance to original business plan
- Owns the process to support JV strategy development, key deliverables and KPI’s with JV Management to improve both BP and JV’s interest. These include but not limited to Safety & Operational Readiness, compliance, finance, investment, performance, BIPs, etc.
- Represent BP to engage and negotiate Related Party transactions and contracts with JV partner
- Work with JV Management and BP internal cross-functional teams to lead shareholder BoD processes.
- Own the assessment and formation of BP positions at the shareholder and BOD meetings including but not limited to prepare relevant documents and reporting materials, mobilize internal resources/expertise
- Liaison between BP internal customers and the JVs to ensure timely and sufficient communications of JV issues and performance.
- Support JV Management in preparation/execution of JV strategy development, such as competitiveness assessment, land access and demand partner development, etc
Job Holder Requirements
- 10+ years of solid financial experience in high growth sectors and evaluating investment cases
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to form and build positive relationships with partner teams, JV teams and BP Secondees.
- Strategic thinking and relevant good knowledge of the EV charging industry.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in leading a multifaceted and fluid situation
- Previous experience of handling board of management topics for a FTSE100 company
- Experiences in account management, business development and financial/performance control are preferred.
- Consistent record of performing in high-intensity environments, operating within tight financial resources, and meeting challenging deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.