Job Family Group:
Supply & Trading Group
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Budapest Team and advance your career as a
Ship Tracking Senior Analyst
At bp, energy trading comes together in our global bp Trading and Shipping group. It is where we link our experience as a leading energy producer with our knowledge of specific markets to provide customers with the energy products they need. The ever shifting geo-political, regulatory and environmental landscape provides an outstanding opportunity for high potential candidates to understand at the most granular level how energy drives the world.
In this role You will:
- Run a global shiptracking portfolio for the EH, UK and US oil trading businesses for the assigned trading bench
- Monitor vessel movement data and other sources of cargo intelligence to classify vessel activity – specifically load and discharge locations and dates, cargo type and volume, cargo owners and vessel charterers.
- Apply professional judgement to predict vessel destinations, cargoes and charterers from information sets and prior historical patterns.
- Develop understanding of the various commodity markets. Specifically the market participants, assets and supply & demand fundamentals of relevant commodities.
- Ensure that ship tracking and flows data are kept up to date, maintaining smooth running, continued accuracy and timeliness of regular reports and other outputs, which drives the commercial decision making in the relevant trading bench
- Be an active member of and contributor to the Cargo Intelligence Development Team, driving the evolution of ship tracking knowledge, tooling and capability
- Standardize global processes and work with the Trading Excellence team to find opportunities for automation
- High level of interactions with relevant commercial stakeholders, across analytics, trading, operations and chartering to collect and verify information, promote collaboration and maximise impact daily
What You will need to be successful:
- Relevant university (technology, economics or finance) degree
- Understanding of the trading & shipping industry – oil trading knowledge is an advantage
- 2-3 years of trading/shipping/logistics/marine transportation work experience
- Proficient English knowledge and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical, reasoning and mathematical skills: ability to connect dots and see patterns
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. formulas, indexing, pivots) and ability to work with data
- Knowledge of Power BI is an advantage – or willingness to learn how to create visualisations for various reports
- Knowledge of Python / VBA is an advantage – or willingness to learn how to write reliable numerical codes
- Pro-active communicator, able to flag and resolve issues and build effective networks
- Good attention to detail, ability to prioritise, organize and multi-task
- A continuous improvement mindset to drive various improvements within the team – experience in smaller projects
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2022 Award (SSC / BSC sector) second time in a row at PwC's annual employer research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
Relocation may be negotiable for this role
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Agility core practices, Analytical Thinking, Computational Thinking, Continuous Learning, Data Analysis, Data cleansing and transformation, Data Management, Data Sourcing, Data visualization and interpretation, Dialogue enablement, Exposure Management, Machine Learning, Macroeconomics, Market analysis methods, Market Risk Management, Statistics, Trade execution and management, Trading Fundamentals, Sentiment and Trends, Trading knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.