BP Refinery Rotterdam (BPRR) has two locations namely Europoort and Pernis. The Europoort refinery with an annual capacity of 150 million barrels of crude oil is one of the largest refineries in Europe and is strategically located at one of the busiest oil trading ports in the world. BPRR works closely on a day-to-day basis with the commercial and trading team in IST London. The objective of BPRR’s Commercial department is to maximize the profitability of the refinery. In the Production Planning department, part of the Commercial department, there is an opening for a short term planner.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Expectations on experience and skills
- Responsible for setting up the six weeks rolling schedule with the focus on safe and reliable operation (silent running) and maximization of the refinery gross margin;
- Ensure that the schedule comply with all refinery operating limits, driving short term operational optimisations and commercial performance in line with refinery strategy;
- Actively working with ‘Midstream and Trading & Shipping’ and ‘refinery operations’ to capture market opportunities;
- Actively working with third parties (terminals / pipelines / surveyors) to optimize the product schedule;
- Monitors refinery operation for potential changes to refinery processing capabilities that may impact refinery production plans;
- Identifying opportunities and initiating projects to improve refinery capabilities and performance, especially in the logistics of the Oil Movement asset.
- A Bachelor degree or experience on equivalent level in Engineering, Science or Business is preferred;
- Experience working in refining, tank-terminal operations or laboratory with a good understanding of the economics and operational aspects of an oil refinery is preferred;
- Fluent ability (both written and verbal) in English and (preferably) Dutch;
- Good IT skills and preferably experienced with crude / product scheduling tools;
- We are looking for candidates with a bias to performance and with strong interpersonal skills. People in the short term planner role enjoy working in a complex and dynamic environment can have a helicopter view over complex situations and are able to work effectively under pressure. Good analytical and team working skills are essential.
- A Personal Profile Analysis and an assessment center might be part of this selection process;
- Work location is the Rotterdam Refinery in the Netherlands.
- BP Refinery Rotterdam provides excellent primary and secondary working conditions and possibilities for personal development;
- Work is conducted in dayshift;
- This position is a local position, performed under local Terms and Conditions.
- As a part of the application process you should:
- Present a full contiguous resume quoting all subsequent dates;
- Be willing to cooperate with an reference examination;
- Before commencement of employment is required:
- A copy of a valid identity document and, if applicable, a copy of your residence permit;
- An Certificate of Conduct (VOG);
- A copy of the indicated valid diploma’s in the resume.