Deep technical engineering support based at the site to support the operational team in delivering safe, reliable and efficient operations. Provide technical process safety support and coaching to the operations team as well as verifying engineering barrier health. The role will allow for some engineering decisions to be made more efficiently.
Provide guidance to ensure that the following process safety related procedures/systems are being applied rigorously and effectively by the line in a sustainable way:
Site Engineering Support
- Broad engineering understanding of the site design and lead on the resolution of technical engineering issues
- Identify and drive engineering improvements for the site
- Support the risk management process & implementation of risk action plans
- Approve risk assessments & deviations.
- Provide process safety input into risk assessments carried out offshore/at-site including:
- Hazard Identification & Task Risk Assessment
- Higher risk standard operating procedure (SOP) risk assessments e.g. start-up and shut down procedures, when the SOP is one of the primary safeguards in preventing a high potential incident, etc.
- Risk assessments of non-conformant isolations
- Maintain and Conduct self-verification on the quality of the facility Process Safety Information.
- Increase the facility staff understanding of process safety through provision of training, coaching, and mentoring.
Incident Investigation and Learning
- Participate in investigation, as required, of facility &share lessons with staff.
- Take a lead role in the providing learning to the facility from incidents on the facility and relevant incidents from other areas of BP.
- Conduct self-verification on the quality of the execution of testing, maintenance, and inspection of safety critical equipment/systems.
- Lead the creation of ad hoc SORA's where the demand is created by the offshore schedule / events and an existing SORA is not available.
- Confirm that alarms are being accurately accepted and actioned. Assess the level of alarms to determine if operators are being overloaded. Work with the office-based engineers to address underlying issues and reduce the alarm loading.
- Maintain a daily presence within the facility control room and assess and verify the following:
- Safety System or Process Bypasses, overrides system defeats and positions are managed consistent with the design intent and that appropriate interim risk reduction measures are implemented as required
- Design intent and layers of protection are understood SOP’s are being used consistently/ verification of SOP’s to ensure that operating procedures are current
- Safe Operating Limits are defined, being adhered to, and deviations are appropriately investigated
- Valve positions are managed consistently with the design intent and that appropriate interim risk reduction measures are in place as required.
Safe Operating Limits
- Verify that Safe Operating Limits are defined, being adhered to, and deviations are appropriately investigated.
Degree in Engineering or related field and/or equivalent relevant professional qualification.
Experience and Job Requirements:
- Relevant/Significant experience in either an internal or external engineering role, or similar. Any Engineering discipline.
- Experience on an operating site
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience in engineering, with sound knowledge of the relevant industry codes, standards and regulations and the ability to initiate guidance on the appropriate designs and systems to prevent, control and mitigate risks.
Shift Rotation (2 weeks on / 2 weeks off)
One of the requirements to access to our operating sites is that you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before your official start date in the role/transfer to the role. ““Fully vaccinated” means that you have received the full regimen of a WHO approved COVID-19 vaccine and that two weeks have elapsed from your final shot in your chosen vaccine regimen. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status by updating Workday prior your transfer date to the new role.