bp is transforming and we are growing the digital expertise and solutions needed to advance the global energy transition.
Excited by building, delivering and enhancing the technical platforms that power bp’s operations? Digital Engineering are a team of technology and software specialists providing innovative, custom-built or customized software and technical platforms to bp colleagues and external users.
We’re looking for curious minds who are excited by the opportunity to create and deliver an exciting suite of digital products and services to advance the global energy transition. You will need to solve complex business challenges whilst collaborating and co-innovating globally, backed by a culture that encourages creativity and curiosity, and a team that cares and brings out the best in each other.
At I&E, all the roles are within discipline and you will part of Platform and Software Engineering sub discipline. While your role will continue to remain within the sub discipline, your initial activities described below may change over time. The sub discipline will be based on your skill set and will be confirmed if you are the successful candidate.
As a Software Engineering Specialist, you work within a team to create software for BP colleagues and external users.
Your team’s mission is to be the digital provider of choice to your area of BP – delivering innovation at speed where it's wanted, and day-in-day-out reliability where it's needed. You will operate in a dynamic and commercially focussed environment, with the resources of one of the world's largest Digital organisations and leading Digital and IT vendors working with you. You will be part of growing and strengthening our technical talent base – experts coming together to solve BP and the world’s problems.
- Working with users and business analysts to understand requirements
- Helping to design, develop, and test custom software applications
- Supporting and maintaining your software. We believe in DevOps – you build it, you run it!
- Monitoring and applying emerging technologies
- Computer Science or other technical (e.g. Physics, Engineering) degree or equivalent commercial experience
- Years of experience: A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Good understanding of ABAP/HANA OData services, SAP Business Technology Platform and various services available over cloud
- Willingness and ability to learn at least one more programming language on top of your existing skillset
- Some understanding of the software development lifecycle, including design, security, design patterns for extensible and reliable code, automated unit and functional testing, CI/CD and telemetry
- Some understanding of modern technologies like Cloud native, containers, serverless
- User story definition
- Application Support
- Ideally, you have proven experience in most of these technologies:
- Azure and/or AWS
- Azure DevOps/Git/GitHub
- RESTful APIs
- Deep understanding of automated testing (unit, functional, integration, e2e)
- Container technologies (EKS, AKS, OpenShift, docker) and Serverless
- DevOps principles – you build it, you run it!
- Monitoring and telemetry tools
- Agile methodologies
- Empathetic: Cares about our people, our community and our planet
- Curious: Seeks to explore and excel
- Creative: Imagines the extraordinary
- Inclusive: Brings out the best in each other