Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using basic technical capabilities to design, develop and maintain the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
As part of the strive to develop I&E's technology capability to help grow and support bp’s trading business, we are looking for expert developers to help build the next generation of trading and middle office tools.
The role reports to a global Development manager and the individual will join an established team of developers and business analysts in Singapore. The Singapore team provide development and support capability whilst being co-located with Traders, Schedulers/Operators and Middle Office teams in our AsPac hub.
Bp’s I&E function is looking to derive driven advantage and commercial differentiation from the use of technology in our trading and middle office activity. This position will be part of the team building new applications to provide that capability.
- To play a part in the business facing development team to deliver new solutions to the Refining & Products Trading (RPT) Front Office and Middle Office.
- Work with other developers, business analysts and testers within RPT Europe and Finance/Trading Functions.
- Assist in analysis, design and development of systems, business processes, data and interfaces.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and documenting solutions.
- Good knowledge of Java/JEE.
- Strong User Interface/User Experience design skills, including UI design principles
- Solid understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded design.
- Superb interpersonal skills - the role includes working directly with end users to solicit requirements and feedback
- Knowledge and/or experience working in commodity or financial markets front or middle office technology teams
- Experience of Cloud hosted applications and Platform as a Service
- Experience in working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience in RESTful web service development.
- Demonstrates a keen interest in programming and willingness to tackle challenges in any programming language/paradigm
- Strong numerical skills ideally with a numerate degree
- Complete tasks quickly and thoroughly, owns issues and is highly conscientious.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an upbeat, fast paced, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly evolving technical environment
- Solid team player with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Ethical, visible, fair and of high integrity.