We are looking for early career individuals that are highly motivated and technically gifted. They will help to design, develop, and deliver solutions for bp's Refining & Products Trading teams and will be responsible for hands on development under the guidance of a lead software engineer to deliver EUC, RAD and mobile solutions. You will embrace and promote Agile and DevOps methodologies.
You will work in a team of software engineers, BAs and others based in Singapore, working together with our global teams to enhance and maintain bp's digital applications used by our trading business. In this role you will work in partnership with business stakeholders in Refining & Product Trading, including traders, analysts, operators, risk and other supporting functions.
- Is hands-on, developing web and cloud components, built on a .Net stack using C#, Blazor and SQL
- Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design
review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, source code management, code review, documentation).
- Adheres to Agile methodologies and operates and builds DevOps maturity. Ensures delivery of business
incremental change safely and reliably.
- Acquire and understand business requirements that will be used to design, and deliver suitable solutions
for the Refining & Products Trading business.
- Help manage infrastructure for the solutions developed by the team.
- Help support users including investigating problems, fixing bugs, and providing training.
- Provides support for existing desktop apps, Excel spreadsheets or existing cloud solutions.
- Contribute to an engineering culture, promoting excellence and minimizing technical debt.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computing, maths, engineering or similar.
- No prior experience in the energy industry required, instead candidates should be able demonstrate
examples of their work (example: a website or application they have built, or a product they have
delivered in a previous role).
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data structures, algorithm designs, runtime complexity, API
design, security and privacy best practices, at scale monitoring, logging & alerting, testing best practices.
- A confident advocate of technology, with strong communication skills and ability to engage and influence
the Refining & Products Trading business stakeholders in their technical decisions.
- Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity