An exciting opportunity for an ambitious Front end developer with react experience. You will deliver high-quality coding capability and support within BP’s Commodities Trading business and can work closely with both senior IT colleagues and our trading business.
You will gain experience of delivering major project deliveries engaging with a diverse range of people, building positive relationships within IT and with our business partners, across various geographies, skillsets and seniority within the organisation. As such, it is vital that the applicant possesses exceptional communication skills and can explain both technical concepts to non-technical audiences and business strategy to technology teams.
BP is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are proud of our fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy which allow our employees to reach their full potential.
What you will do for us...
• Build, test and deploy maintainable UI and services
• Work collaboratively with UX, BA and Dev leads to develop high-level design
• Work closely with product owners, traders and senior leaders
within technology and commercial teams, to implement project objectives
• Produce design artefacts to describe key components and interactions for development by self and team
• Development of robust and maintainable software solutions and associated unit tests
• Development of spikes for evaluation of solutions to trial business value and prove concepts
• Demonstration and documentation of evidence to demonstrate Acceptance Criteria.
• Participation in daily scrum to update progress on tasks.
• Participation in sprint ceremonies (retro, planning etc.) to decompose stories/PBIs into tasks and provide estimates
• Support of End to End testing with external systems and components
• Enjoy working within a dynamic technical landscape comprising legacy monoliths to microservices as we transition our applications to a containerised, cloud platform.
• Understand, appreciate, and follow the Scrum framework, TDD, BDD and continuous integration systems
• Be open to change and a strong advocate for innovative technology and methods.
What you will bring to us…
• React > 16.8: A very good understanding of state management with hooks and Redux is expected
• Styled Components
• Yarn / NPM
• Unit testing with Jest and Testing Library
• Integration testing with Cucumber and Puppeteer
Desirable criteria & qualifications