From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
The Solutions Analyst reports to the Solutions Manager and is a subject matter expert in the design and solutioning across BP’s Global SAP systems.
The Solutions Analyst has deep process and technical knowledge of Finance, Customer or Procurement processes and works in an Agile way as part of a cross functional team to deliver solutions to our customers.
The Solutions Analyst uses their business and functional knowledge to gain a thorough understanding of the underlying business need and the business value proposition and leverages their technical know-how and subject matter expertise to propose solution options to the business.
Responsible for supporting various business activities through the development of performance reporting with relevant business context through various reporting methods to drive business interventions to improve value delivery and using sound technical capabilities, identify process improvement opportunities, including the development of metrics and reporting to realize improvement potential, and support/manage teams delivering the prioritized initiatives/projects, from design through to implementation to help the organization achieve its initiatives.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our GBS Enabling Solutions Team and advance your career as a Solutions Analyst!
We have the following requirements:
- Assist with the breakdown of product backlog items into functional product requirements and provide expertise on how the user stories will be implemented. Including creating user stories for features and defining tasks, as required
- Understand, adopt and embrace agile principles and agile ways of working.
- Engage with the relevant stakeholders to understand, analyze and assess business requirements.
- Lead solution design across areas of specialism.
- Investigate, evaluate and propose solution options.
- Prototype solution design for review with business stakeholders.
- Create and maintain high quality solution design.
- Review solution designs to ensure global process design governance policies are adhered to, and that solutions comply with corporate governance and external regulatory bodies.
- Ensure options and recommendations for solution design are discussed with business stakeholders and presented to the relevant governance forum.
- Validate that other solutions that integrate with the core solution are compliant with GBS standards.
- Ensure technical designs are reviewed and appropriately stored to ensure business needs are met, and the technical solution is aligned with the conceptual and process design.
- Define the unit testing requirements for the solution and review and signoff on the execution.
- Provide subject matter expertise to develop/maintain process maps and standard operating procedures.
- Proactively identify opportunities for product/solution improvement and add these to the product backlog for discussion, consideration and prioritization by the product owner.
- Provide consultancy and solutions for business change.
- Ensure design documentation and training materials are up to date.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support Communities of Practice.
- Support process review sessions for the business, providing detailed system solution knowledge, to assist in identifying opportunities for re-alignment and standardization.
- Maintain solutions training materials, and support delivery of training in line with agreed training programmes.
- Provide functional subject matter expert input and involvement in major incident resolution as required.
- Suitably qualified professional with degree or similar education background.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex processes and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Passion and experience in capturing business requirements and improving processes and systems.
- General understanding of systems deployment activities.
- Ability to work within a virtual global team environment.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce including a general working knowledge of procurement transactional and category processes
- Desirable: 5+ years of relevant work experience with systems and process design.