At BP, we’re committed to providing the energy that fuels growth and supports the Net Zero ambition. These are big, complex challenges so it’s important that we unlock the full potential of our workforce.
This is vital, especially in terms of our enabling solutions function. Here, you’ll develop and deploy end to end solutions that not only meet its needs but predict them too.
The Solutions discipline is part of GBS Enabling Solutions which is accountable for utilizing expertise to own, design, govern and continuously improve the global products critical to BP's success, whilst striving to deliver the best user experience for our customers.
Job Purpose – about the opportunity
The Solution Analyst reports to the Solutions Manager and is a subject matter expert in the design and solutioning across BP’s Global SAP systems.
The Solution Analyst has deep process and technical knowledge of Finance, Customer or Procurement processes and works in an Agile way as part of a cross functional team to deliver solutions to our customers.
The Solution Analyst uses their business and functional knowledge to gain a thorough understanding of the underlying business need and the business value proposition and leverages their technical know-how and subject matter expertise to propose solution options to the business.
Key Accountabilities – about you
• Assist with the breakdown of product backlog items into functional product requirements and provide expertise on how the user stories will be implemented.
• Understand, adopt and embrace agile principles and agile ways of working.
• Engage with the relevant stakeholders to understand, analyse and assess business requirements.
• Lead solution design across areas of specialism.
• Investigate and evaluate solution options.
• Prototype solution design for review with business stakeholders.
• Create and maintain high quality solution design.
• Review solution designs to ensure global process design governance policies are adhered to, and that solutions comply with corporate governance and external regulatory bodies.
• Ensure options and recommendations for solution design are discussed with business stakeholders and presented to the relevant governance forum.
• Validate that solutions which integrate with the core solution are compliant with GBS standards.
• Ensure technical designs are reviewed and appropriately stored to ensure business needs are met, and the technical solution is aligned with the conceptual and process design.
• Define the unit testing requirements for the solution and review and signoff on the execution.
• Provide subject matter expertise to develop/maintain process maps and standard operating procedures.
• Proactively identify opportunities for product/solution improvement and add these to the product backlog for discussion, consideration and prioritisation by the product owner.
• Provide consultancy and solutions for business change.
• Ensure design documentation and training materials are up to date.
• Provide subject matter expertise to support Communities of Practice.
• Support process review sessions for the business, providing detailed system solution knowledge, to assist in identifying opportunities for re-alignment and standardisation.
• Maintain solutions training materials, and support delivery of training in line with agreed training programmes.
• Provide functional subject matter expert input and involvement in major incident resolution as required.
Business & Partnership
• Foster a culture where collaboration, innovation and experimentation, in search of value creation, are celebrated along with the dedication and effort that are required to scale such solutions across BP.
• Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships with I&E and technical teams.
• Develop and share best practices to enable consultation and engagement with the business and GBS function to ensure that all business, statutory, and fiscal requirements are satisfied.
• Participate in and contribute to ongoing knowledge sharing sessions for the solutions team.
• Participate in design authorities and network meetings to foster knowledge sharing.
• Use designated knowledge management processes and tools.
• Leverage successful products, processes and best practices both within and outside of BP.
• Contribute to continuous improvement.
• Verify documentation is captured in a document management system.