bp is a leader in the energy sector with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. It’s an exciting period of growth and opportunity for the organization as they shape the face of energy for the future. As a leading energy force in Australia since 1920 and New Zealand since 1946, they are driven by upstream exploration, refining of crude oil and natural gas and the downstream marketing supply of petroleum products.
Architecture is a collaborative discipline, and it plays a critical role in the integration of our businesses. Architects connect all the digital disciplines and the consumers and procurers of IT, to build an integrated, flexible, effective IT architecture for bp.
What you’ll bring:
- Architecture: Develop solution architectures, seeking practical solutions that optimize and re-use capabilities. You will care passionately about the integrity of the Digital capabilities and be responsible for designing and building solutions that best meet the business needs and are aligned with the Digital strategy and roadmaps.
- Technology: You will contribute to digital transformation initiatives from an architectural perspective, facilitating the delivery of solutions bringing in hands-on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial approach.
- Safety and Compliance: The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
- Team: You will play an integral role in building the team’s skillset while demonstrating your leadership values through delegation, motivation, and trust. You will not just lead, but "do".
- Relationships: You will build positive relationships across the business and Digital teams. Understand the long-term needs of the solutions you are developing, and enable delivery by building a rapport with team members both inside and outside of BP.
Benefits of working with us
- A Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics, hard science, or equivalent work experience
- Background in IT Solution architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering transformational IT projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
- Deep-seated functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- Experience in being part of a tight-knit delivery team. You accomplish outstanding project outcomes in a respectful and encouraging culture.
- A confirmed grasp of architecture development and design thinking in an agile environment.
- The ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
- Experience in the B2B sector, ideally with exposure to fleet management, electrification, and commerce.
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. BP Australia & New Zealand encourages women, people of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Māori and Pacific Islander heritage and people of culturally a diverse group of backgrounds to apply. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.Please be aware that all bp ANZ employees must be Permanent Residents or Citizens of Australia or New Zealand
- Excellent work-life balance & flexible working arrangements
- Generous salary package including annual bonus program
- 12% superannuation
- Share options, and fuel discounts
- Collaborative environment that celebrates achievements, diversity and culture
- Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave/4 weeks paid partner leave
- Career development and mentoring programs
- Collaborative team with a safety-first approach