Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this, they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third-party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
Join our Sourcing Team and advance your career as a
SOURCING LEAD - C&P Convenience Retail
In this role You will:
- Manage end-to-end medium/high complexity sourcing projects
- Ensure that the business requirements and Scopes of Work are well-understood and properly covered in the sourcing process. Influence business demand where required and possible.
- Drive and manage various sourcing and contracting projects of medium/high spend & complexity
- Identify value levers and opportunities to maximise value for bp and develop Sourcing strategy in accordance with the respective Category strategy
- Define approach to market and develop source selection criteria based on the business priorities and requirement
- Manage and coordinate the supplier selection to achieve the most ideal option.
- Manage all relevant stakeholder and supplier interactions including relationships with senior levels throughout the sourcing project
- Negotiate and agree on relevant contract terms with suppliers.
- Develop and modify contract content based on templates and manage the approval process
- Act as key focal point for supplier during selection and contracting process up until implementation
- Effectively represent the Team in the respective categories in conversations with other teams, and suppliers
What You will need to be successful:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience is required
- 6-7 years of practical and application experience in end-to-end sourcing and contracting, showcasing practical experience in sourcing of services and commodities, drafting and negotiating contracts and legal terms, sourcing strategy preparation
- Strong commercial orientation and communication skills
- Experience in Supplier Selection methods, Supplier Performance Management activities
- Experience working in a large and multicultural team, global / international business experience
- Fluent in English and any other European language knowledge is an advantage
- Proven experience with contract creation, and life-cycle management
- Ability to work and negotiate commercial and legal terms in English
- Being able to work under pressure, prioritization
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Analytical abilities to review and analyse complex data to identify issues and trends, marketplace and financial analysis
- Any Retail Asset (equipment purchase and maintenance, construction & maintenance services) category specific experience is an advantage
- Experience managing/supporting petrol station retail network is an advantage
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2023 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
Relocation may be negotiable for this role
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.