Grade HResponsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, plans and executing bidding events, negotiating purchase contracts and supporting stakeholders in the ongoing management of suppliers, in order to deliver against sourcing and contracting project milestones and relevant PSCM targets.
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
- Receive, execute, and continuously manage incoming Sourcing project requests via the Case Management tool
- Validate requests, scopes of work and liaise with stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are considered/met
- Gather and analyse market intelligence data on a regular basis relative to categories and regions, in order to properly gauge and evaluate market and industry conditions utilized to determine the sourcing strategy decision
- Develop Sourcing Strategies for complex and higher value Contracts and lead the approval process
- Integrate closely and deliver value to internal stakeholders, partnering to lead all Sourcing & Contracting activities.
- Support the supplier screening and selection process
- Monitor continuous supplier prequalification status, and action per the related guidelines
- Build efficient Commercial model, relevant Commercial evaluation criteria and evaluate commercial proposals.
- Determine the appropriate contract template and develop the contract content.
- Lead the negotiate of relevant contract terms with suppliers, within the defined parameters of legal and category guidance. Apply various relevant value levers to generate maximum value out of the contract.
- Lead the contract award approval process adhering Governance Framework of relevant respective regions based on the demand. Ensure complete compliance to Governance framework.
- Manage Post Contract Award activities by ensuring Contract fitness at all time, updating Pricebook with new items, resolve invoice exceptions, supplier performance management, monitor incoming forecast and maintain sufficient contract value to support incoming demand.
- Work closely with Business / Line to understand demand forecast and create Procurement Plan at the start of the year.
- Put bp V&B in front in executing all tasks. Role model bp V&Bs while working with all.
- Take initiatives to help team implementing new WoW, digitalization and adopting Agile mindset.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree educated or equivalent in related area
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 6-8 years of practice and application in End to End sourcing and contracting of services and commodities
- Candidate should have Oil & Gas background with experience in Sourcing and Contract management of Engineering Services and Maintenance Services.
- Fluency in English
- Track record of successful Supply Chain delivery in complex, challenging international environments
- University degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Procurement or other relevant fields
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven experience with contract creation and strong contract drafting skills
- Manage multiple activities to deliver against timelines
- Proficient desktop computing experience – an ability to learn PSCM applications including ARIBA, SAP and Salesforce