Grade HResponsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, plans and executing bidding events, negotiating purchase contracts and supporting stakeholders in the ongoing management of suppliers, in order to deliver against sourcing and contracting project milestones and relevant PSCM targets.
-Gather and analyse market intelligence data on a regular basis relative to supported categories and regions, to evaluate market and industry conditions to formulate the Sourcing strategies and decisions
-Develop Sourcing strategies based on category demand, request, market and suppliers’ conditions, Scope of Work, etc. and manage the approval process, in line with both Regional and Global Governance requirements
-Develop the ATM (approach to market) based on the approved Sourcing Strategy, and manage the associated approval processes
-Support/manage the supplier selection process
-Build and manage sourcing projects & events (RFI/RFP/Reverse Auctions) in the available tools and systems
-Manage the relevant supplier interactions and relationship throughout a sourcing project Coordinate with Line and Bidders to ensure Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluation performed in accordance with CMCP and Regional/NOC requirements.
-Develop and obtain approvals for Award Recommendation documentation as per Governance Framework in respective regions.
-Determine the appropriate contract template and develop the contract content based on the information contained in the Sourcing Strategy, sourcing event and/or detailed scope of work specifications
-Negotiate relevant contract terms with suppliers, within the defined parameters of legal and category guidance
-Escalate any contract term exceptions per the deviation process, and manage the approval process
-Manage the contract execution/signature process per the applicable POA (power of attorney) requirements for each BP entity
-Operationalize the Contract upon award in the Company’s tools and systems.
-Conduct regular Contracts health check as required.
Post Award Contract Management
-Ensure Contract is fit for purpose, valid and updated in the Company’s systems at all times. This will include the extension, amendment and close-out of Contracts based on request from Business in accordance with Category Management Plan.
-Resolve any dispute in invoice payments by proactively engaging with Suppliers and Accounts Payable team to ensure timely payment with complete compliance.
-Ensure Pricebooks are up-to date by adding/removing items from Pricebooks based on demand from the Business.
-Manage the development & Performance of any staff reporting into this position following BP’s talent management processes
-Coach and provide guidance and help the wider team
-Manage customer complaints and work on resolution
-Establish good working relationship with the regional managers
- The ideal candidate has 8-10 years of practical and application in End to End sourcing and contracting of services and commodities in Oil and Gas, preferably in IP categories, coupled with a strong commercial acumen and communication (oral and written English language) skills
- Proven knowledge and relevant minimum Four (4) years’ experience in IP categories such as Corporate Services and IT Products & Services
- Track record of successful Supply Chain delivery in complex, challenging international environments and Joint Ventures
- Proven experience with contract creation, negotiations and life-cycle management. Strong Contract drafting skills.
- Analytical abilities including marketplace and financial analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients and suppliers.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) language. Additional European/Asian languages are advantageous
- University degree (Economic, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent discipline/major) or equivalent relevant minimum 20 years business experience
- Global / Multi-national business experience
- Team leader as well as working on sourcing projects
- Working knowledge of Reporting Pipeline and Ariba.