Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this, they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third-party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
Join our Sourcing Team and advance your career as a
SOURCING LEAD - Low Carbon Energy with German
In this role You will:
- Receive, and continuously manage multiple Sourcing and Contracting project requests via the Case Management tool.
- Gather and analyze market intelligence data on a regular basis to evaluate market and industry conditions to formulate the Sourcing strategies and decisions..
- Develop Sourcing strategies based on category demand, request, market and suppliers’ conditions, etc. and manage the approval process, in line with both Regional and Global Governance requirements.
- Develop the ATM (approach to market) based on the approved Sourcing Strategy, and manage the associated approval processes.
- Perform Suppliers’ screening/prequalification and monitor/manage the process status as per the related guidelines.
- Manage the set up of transactional suppliers in P2P systems
- Support/manage the bidder selection process.
- Create case and liaise with Event Management team for sourcing projects & events (RFI/RFP/Auctions) in the available tools and systems.
- Coordinate with business stakeholder and Bidders to ensure Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluation performed in accordance with CMP and Regional/NOC requirements.
- Develop and obtain approvals for Award Recommendation document as per Governance Framework in respective regions.
- Determine the appropriate contract template and develop the contract content based on the information contained in the Sourcing Strategy, sourcing event and/or detailed scope of work specifications.
- Negotiate relevant contract terms with suppliers, within the defined parameters of legal and category guidance.
- Manage the contract term approval process.
- Draft and compile contract ready for execution.
- Manage the contract execution/signature process per the applicable POA (power of attorney) requirements for each BP entity.
- Ensure Contract is fit for purpose, valid and updated in the Company’s systems at all times. This will include the extension, amendment and close-out of Contracts based on request from Business in accordance with CMP.
- Resolve any dispute in invoice payments by proactively engaging with Suppliers and Accounts Payable team to ensure timely payment with complete compliance.
What You will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years of practical and application in End to End sourcing and contracting of services and commodities
- Proven knowledge and relevant minimum four (4) to five (5) years of experience in the following categories - engineering services, engineering equipment, HSSE and EPC services will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in the clean energy sector will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge on contracts including drafting.
- Strong understanding and experience in Planning and Supplier Performance Management.
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Experience working in a large and multi-cultural team.
- Influencing and negotiation skills, leadership behaviors.
- Analytical abilities including marketplace and financial analysis.
- Fluent in English and German language.
- Ability to work on remote location basis.
- Ability to review and analyse data to identify issues, trends and propose resolution.
- Believe in Agile ways of working.
- Familiarity with Ariba Source to Pay and Salesforce will be an advantage.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2023 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
Relocation may be negotiable for this role
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Agreements and negotiations, Analytical Thinking, Building sustainability, Business Acumen, Category spend profiling, Category Strategy, Commercial acumen, Communication, Cost modelling, Decision Making, Digital fluency, Market Analysis, Negotiation planning and preparation, Sourcing strategy, Stakeholder Management, Supplier Selection, Sustainability awareness and action, Value creation and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.