The Sourcing Lead supports various BP businesses with a range of sourcing, contracting and supplier performance management activities.
Working within a defined global process framework, this role will contribute to an enhanced Service Delivery Model around how BP manages costs through third-party contract agreements, and ensure maximum value is achieved. This role is expected to deliver value using the provisions of the Category Management Common Process (CMcp) and within boundaries of relevant laws and regulations, approved budgets and, where applicable, JV partner and NOC agreements.
The Sourcing Lead will comply with BP’s Code of Conduct, CMcp as well as all HSSE requirements, including continual support of HSSE objectives within the business, and taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency and fairness. Our procurement and supply chain management principles are always applied within that framework and in the context of relevant laws and regulations.
The Sourcing Lead will support/manage end-to-end Sourcing and Contracting projects as per business request, inclusive but not limited to the following activities:
- Case Management
- Sourcing Strategy
- Supplier Prequalification
- Event / RFP Execution
- Contract Implementation
- Post Award Contract Management
- Supplier Management
Across activity sets, it is paramount that the Sourcing Lead liaises with the stakeholders to ensure the Scope of Work is detailed enough and sourcing is executed in accordance with all governance and business requirements.
- Receive, execute and continuously manage multiple Sourcing and Contracting project requests via the Case Management tool
- Gather and analyse market intelligence data on a regular basis relative to supported categories and regions, to evaluate market and industry conditions to formulate the Sourcing strategies and decisions
- Develop Sourcing strategies based on category demand, request, market and suppliers’ conditions, Scope of Work, etc. and manage the approval process, in line with both Regional and Global Governance requirements
- Develop the ATM (approach to market) based on the approved Sourcing Strategy, and manage the associated approval processes
- Perform Suppliers’ screening/prequalification and monitor/manage the process status as per the related guidelines
- Support/manage the supplier selection process
- Build and manage sourcing projects & events (RFI/RFP/Reverse Auctions) in the available tools and systems
- Manage the relevant supplier interactions and relationship throughout a sourcing project Coordinate with Line and Bidders to ensure Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluation performed in accordance with CMCP and Regional/NOC requirements.
- Determine the appropriate contract template and develop the contract content based on the information contained in the Sourcing Strategy, sourcing event and/or detailed scope of work specifications
- Negotiate relevant contract terms with suppliers, within the defined parameters of legal and category guidance
- Escalate any contract term exceptions per the deviation process, and manage the approval process
- Operationalize the Contract upon award in the Company’s tools and systems.
- Conduct regular Contracts health check as required.
Post Award Contract Management
Qualification & Experience and Competencies
- Ensure Contract is fit for purpose, valid and updated in the Company’s systems at all times. This will include the extension, amendment and close-out of Contracts based on request from Business in accordance with Category Management Plan.
- Ensure Pricebooks are up-to date by adding/removing items from Pricebooks based on demand from the Business.
- The ideal candidate has 8-10 years of practical and application in End-to-End sourcing and contracting in Greenfield / Brownfield Projects environment in Oil and Gas coupled with a strong commercial acumen and communication (oral and written English language) skills.
- Category knowledge of engineering services, business consultancy, EPC services will be an advantage.
- Proven experience with contract creation, negotiations, and life-cycle management. Strong Contract drafting skills.
- Strong understanding and experience of Planning and Performance Management.
- Proven track record of multi discipline stakeholder management
- Fluent in English (oral and written) language. Additional European/Asian languages are advantageous
- University degree (Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent discipline/major) or equivalent relevant minimum 10 years business experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products i.e. PowerPoint, Access & Excel.
- Working knowledge of Reporting Pipeline and Ariba.
- Ability to work on shift hours