Responsible for coordinating the activities of a team accountable for providing day-to-day dedicated procurement, programme and stakeholder management support for a hub or at site, based on sound procurement management knowledge, and conducting day-to-day (non-category aligned) procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our procurement team and advance your career as a
Sourcing Lead – Reliability and Maintenance!
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this, they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Drive and manage various sourcing and contracting projects of high spend & complexity
- Ensure that the business requirements are well-understood and properly covered in the sourcing process.
- Identify value levers and opportunities to maximise value for BP in the marketplace
- Contribute to the development of the respective category strategies from a sourcing team’s side
- Develop Sourcing strategy, including options & scenarios in accordance with the respective Category strategy
- Manage and coordinate the supplier selection process to ensure the most ideal option is chosen
- Define negotiation strategy, negotiate, and agree on relevant contract terms with suppliers
- Define contracting strategy, develop, and modify contract content based on templates and manage the approval process
- Propose potential modifications/updates to the relevant contract templates based on category specific requirements
- Generate reports (status, summary etc.) and analyse data depending on the project requirements
- Lead continuous process improvement initiative
- Comply with all BP’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies and procedures
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience is required (preferably in business studies)
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in end-to-end sourcing of services and commodities, drafting and negotiating contracts and legal terms, sourcing strategy preparation, coupled with a strong commercial orientation and communication skills
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- In-depth understanding of respective category/categories is essential
- Experience and in understanding of supplier performance management activities
- Track record of successful Procurement delivery in complex, challenging international environments
- Proven experience with contract creation, negotiations, and life-cycle management
- Experience working in a large and multicultural team
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, as well as proven leadership behaviors
- Fluent English, additional languages may mean an advantage
- Being able to work under pressure and stringent time constraints
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products
- Experience working in an Ariba / Salesforce system environment is an advantage
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement