We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 60,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Sourcing Team and advance your career as a
Sourcing Lead – Rotating Equipment
In this role You will:
- Drive and manage various sourcing and contracting projects of high spend & complexity
- Ensure that the business requirements are well-understood and properly covered in the sourcing process. Influence business demand where required and possible.
- Identify value levers and opportunities to maximise value for BP in the marketplace
- Contribute to the development of the respective category strategies from a sourcing team’s side
- Develop Sourcing strategy, including options & scenarios in accordance with the respective Category strategy
- Define approach to market and develop source selection criteria based on the business priorities and requirement
- Manage and coordinate the supplier selection process to ensure the most ideal option is chosen
- Manage the all relevant stakeholder and supplier interactions incl. and relationship including senior levels throughout the sourcing project
- Define negotiation strategy, negotiate and agree on relevant contract terms with suppliers
- Define contracting strategy, develop and modify contract content based on templates and manage the approval process
- Propose potential modifications/updates to the relevant contract templates based on category specific requirements
- Generate reports (status, summary etc.) and analyse data depending on the project requirements
- Take an innovative approach and lead continuous process improvement initiatives
- Comply with BP’s Code of Conduct, taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency and fairness. Our procurement and supply chain management principles are always applied within that framework and in the context of relevant laws and regulations
- Comply with all BP’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies and procedures
- Regardless of the specific reporting structure, the Sourcing Lead is expected to provide coaching and professional guidance to his/her wider Team
- If delegated by the Sourcing Manager, he/she may be the first point of escalation in the Team in specific categories/subcategories or regions supported
- Effectively represent the Team in the respective categories in conversations with our stakeholders and suppliers
- Support junior team members in communication and engagement with senior stakeholders
- Drive and coordinate issue resolution in complex scenarios propose improvement initiatives that result in long term solution
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience is required
- The ideal candidate has 6-8 years of practical and application experience in end-to-end sourcing of services and commodities, drafting and negotiating contracts and legal terms, sourcing strategy preparation, coupled with a strong commercial orientation and communication skills
- In-depth understanding of respective category/categories is essential
- Ability and proven record of providing professional leadership, coordinate and mentor junior team members
- Experience and in understanding of Supplier Performance Management activities
- Track record of successful Procurement delivery in complex, challenging international environments
- Proven experience with contract creation, negotiations and life-cycle management
- Strong understanding and experience of Planning and Performance Management
- Experience working in a large and multicultural team
- Analytical abilities including marketplace and financial analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners, even at senior levels
- Strategic thinking and ability to define sourcing strategies