Responsible for coordinating the activities of a team accountable for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, plans and executing bidding events, negotiating purchase contracts and supporting stakeholders in the ongoing management of suppliers, in order to deliver against sourcing and contracting project milestones and relevant PSCM targets.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our procurement team and advance your career as a Sourcing Lead – Innovation!
Sourcing Lead – Innovation
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role You will:
- Running extraordinary bids that deliver significant value for the business
- Run the sourcing process using sophisticated techniques and strategies, to find new ways to source and contract with less effort
- Highly driven negotiator, able to translate the requirements of the business into specialist contractual language whilst securing the most favourable terms for bp.
- Plan, prepare and lead complex commercial negotiations to enable the business to buy quickly, easily.
- Develop and/or articulate business requirements in line with stakeholder needs
- Ensuring compliance to GBS Procurement controls and contract template structures
We have the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree (ideally in procurement or business) or equivalent experience
- Regular experience of being accountable for running sourcing events in excess of $1m
- Significant experience of negotiating and redlining contracts directly, without direct supervision from Legal.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in procurement and strategic sourcing positions (or equivalent) required, experience in buying IT and /or Digital would be desirable and a minimum 5 years general business experience
- Uses a broad range of negotiation techniques and adapts style and tactics to suit the competitive or collaborative situation. Optimally manages time to BP's advantage. Manages the climate, resolves deadlock, and understands how to handle supplier tactics.
- Contract Creation- Uses a wide range of contracts in appropriate situations. Draft moderate to complex contract language. Demonstrates deep contracting knowledge in relevant categories. Fully engages business stakeholders and suppliers to collaborate and co-create appropriate and meaningful contract documents driving outstanding outcomes for all parties.
- Business Acumen- Uses understanding of the broad economics of the business area to drive recommendations. Interprets financial performance and describes how initiatives/projects contribute to the delivery of the overall strategy. Aligns work effectively with BP’s main business, strategic direction, and business priorities.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement