Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is accountable for the management of our Sourcing Team in GBS Procurement in support of the BP businesses. The Team looks after various sourcing activities in the given spend categories.
- This includes demand management, development of the sourcing strategy and the approach to market based on predefined category strategies, source selection, contract negotiation, creation & maintenance.
- Besides providing professional direction, coordinating team operations and managing performance, you will be involved in the execution of high-complexity sourcing projects.
- The ideal candidate has a strong team leadership background proven, leading teams, experience in running sourcing projects in Services Buying area, preferably understanding of the classical corporate services categories.
The job holder will be responsible for:
Value focused operations management
- Driving and improving value for BP across the spend categories and activities led.
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of value delivery and team performance (eg. cost reductions, avoidance, lost opportunity etc.)
- Operational Excellence by ensuring stable, effective, efficient and customer-focused service delivery
- Ensuring effective critical issue management in line with the agreed operating model
- Ensuring team process and procedure documentations are maintained and fit for purpose
- Driving the evolution of the processes ran and nurture the continuous improvement mind-set and culture.
Team leadership and development
- Adhering to BP’s Leadership expectations
- Conducting performance appraisals with direct reports in accordance with bp’s performance management process
- Providing coaching for the team leaders and team members to unlock their potential and support their development.
- As the professional leader of the team, role model effective sourcing execution via being involved and managing complex sourcing projects incl. supplier negotiations
- Represent the Team and the wider GBS Procurement organisation in category meetings with Business Partners and Suppliers as relevant.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 10+ years of proven experience in sourcing services and/or products
- Category specific experience (Marketing, Retail Assets, Convenience Retail)
- Minimum 3 years people/team leadership experience, preferably in a multinational/global, GBS/SSC environment
- Experience with e-procurement (Fairmarkit), workflow tools (Salesforce) and ERP systems, eg. SAP-Ariba.
- Strong business mind-set and commercial acumen
- Eagerness to detect efficiency leavers, drive implementation of new techniques
- Highly motivated and ambitious to unlock and drive value generation various kind
- High Level of IT proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Eagerness to learn and implement new tools and techniques to improve efficiency in the team.
No travel is expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Agreements and negotiations, Analytical Thinking, Building sustainability, Business Acumen, Category spend profiling, Category Strategy, Commercial acumen, Communication, Cost modelling, Decision Making, Digital fluency, Market Analysis, Negotiation planning and preparation, Sourcing strategy, Stakeholder Management, Supplier Selection, Sustainability awareness and action, Value creation and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.