Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
Responsible for managing a team to provide procurement, programme and stakeholder management support for the hub or at site, conducting day-to-day non-category aligned procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
Synopsis of Role
This is an individual contributor role that will support various bp businesses in Sourcing, contracting and supplier performance management activities and to contribute to an enhanced Service Delivery Model around how bp manage costs through third-party contract agreements, and ensure maximum value is achieved.
The Sourcing Manager is expected to deliver value using the provisions of the Category Management Policy (CMP) and within boundaries of relevant regulations, approved budgets and, where applicable, JV partner and NOC agreements.
To align with bp’s Code of Conduct, as well as all HSSE requirements, including continual support of HSSE objectives within the business, and taking a professional and principled approach to working with suppliers.
The Sourcing Manager will support or lead end-to-end Sourcing and Contracting projects as per business request, not limiting to the following activities:
- Allocating demands to respective team member to get it implemented.
- Continuously lead multiple project requests via the Case Management tool.
- Collect and analyze market intelligence data on a regular basis to evaluate market and industry conditions to formulate the Sourcing strategies and decisions and supporting categories and regions,
- Develop Sourcing strategies based on category demand, market and suppliers’ conditions, and handle approval process to ensure it is in line with both Global Governance requirements
- Support and running the supplier selection process
- Build case and liaise with Event Management team for sourcing projects & events (RFI/RFP/Reverse Auctions).
- Lead the relevant supplier interactions and relationship. Coordinating with Line and Bidders to ensure Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluation performed is aligned with the CMP and Regional/NOC requirements.
- Develop and acquire approvals for Award Recommendation documentation as per Governance Framework in respective regions.
- To develop the contract content based on the information contained in the Sourcing Strategy, sourcing event.
- Negotiate relevant contract terms with suppliers, within the defined parameters of legal and category guidance.
- Lead the contract execution/signature process per the applicable POA (power of attorney) requirements for each BP entity.
- Operationalize the Contract upon award in the Company’s tools and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject area or related field
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- The ideal candidate should have Ten to Twelve years of solid track record in End to End sourcing and contracting of material and services, coupled with a strong commercial foresight and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have strong experience in Electric Vehicle Charging infrastructure projects, Electrical, Electronics, Automation, Civil work, Engineering, AC/DC Chargers, Batteries, Petrol Station / Charging Station Constructions / Operations & Maintenance.
- Experience working in a large and multi-cultural team.
- Influencing and negotiation skills, leadership behaviors.
- Ability to work on shift hours (3pm-12am, 1pm-10am Malaysia time).
- Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Believe in Agile ways of working.
No travel is expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.