Responsible for managing a team to provide procurement, programme and stakeholder management support for the hub or at site, conducting day-to-day non-category aligned procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our procurement team and advance your career as a Sourcing Manager!
Sourcing Manager – Retail Technology
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role You will:
- Act as Category expert / focal point in the given category towards GBS Procurement, PSCM and business stakeholders
- Develop sourcing strategy in accordance with the respective category strategy / guidance
- Running world class bids that deliver significant value for the business
- Manage the sourcing process using advanced techniques and strategies, to find new ways to source and contract with less effort
- Highly accomplished negotiator, able to translate the requirements of the business into expert contractual language whilst securing the most favorable terms for bp
- Plan, prepare and manage complex commercial negotiations to enable the business to buy quickly, easily
- Develop and/or articulate business requirements in line with stakeholder needs
- Provide category specific guidance and mentoring to relevant GBS Procurement teams
- Comply with bp code of conduct, taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency, and fairness. Our Procurement and supply chain management principles are always applied within that framework and in the context of relevant laws and regulations
- Comply with all bp health, safety, security and environment (HSSE) policies and procedures
We have the following requirements:
- Minimum 4+ years category specific experience in buying IT and /or Digital would be desirable
- Minimum BA/Bsc degree (ideally in business) or equivalent experience
- Regular experience of being accountable for running sourcing events in excess of $5m
- Recent experience of negotiating and redlining contracts directly, without direct supervision from Legal.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant procurement and strategic sourcing experience, gained preferably in a multinational environment
- Fluent English language skills
- Ability to use a broad range of negotiation techniques and adapt style and tactics to suit the competitive or collaborative situation. Effectively manage time to BP's advantage.
- Ability to use a wide range of contracts in appropriate situations, draft moderate to complex contract language.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day.