The Sourcing Manager supports various BP businesses with a range of Planning, Category Strategy, Sourcing,
Contracting and Supplier Performance management activities based on Category Management Policy and Processes.
Working within a defined process framework, this role will contribute to an enhanced Service Delivery Model around
how BP manage costs through third-party contract agreement, and ensure maximum value is achieved. This role is
expected to deliver value using the provisions of the Category Management Common Process and within the
boundaries of relevant laws and regulations, approved budgets and, where applicable, JV partner and NOC
The Sourcing Manager will comply with BP’s Code of Conduct, as well as all HSSE requirements, including continual
support of HSSE objectives within the business, and taking a professional and disciplined approach to working with
suppliers, to ensure transparency, consistency and fairness. Our procurement and supply chain management principles
are always applied within that framework and in the context of relevant laws and regulation.
Key Accountabilities :
Based on internal task assignment the Sourcing Manager will support/manage as following but not limited to:-
- Deliver value through effective and efficient category, sourcing and contracting activities, using the provisions of CMcp within boundaries of relevant laws and regulations, approved budgets and, where applicable, JV partner and NOC agreements.
- Support the development of Contracts and Procurement Plan (CPP) with demand data for assigned sub categories.
- Conduct relevant due diligence processes and secure required approvals
- Planning: Support the establishment of the vision, objectives, and priorities for Finance Procurement to support business delivery and is closely aligned with the business planning process.
- Category Strategy: Understanding of BP Category Strategy and support the development of sourcing strategy and revise/update Category Strategy
- Conduct/support contract negotiations as directed.
- Execute post-award contract management and administration as directed. This will involve resolution of queries, supporting timely supplier invoice approvals, processing and tracking supplier change requests, monitoring contract expiration dates and ensuring extensions or renewals are executed to support continuing service delivery to the business.
- Manage/Support supplier performance management activities, such as, KPI tracking, PRMs and other activities intended to drive improvement with supplier performance.
1) Manage/Execute sourcing activities using Company approved systems (e.g., Ariba). Drive development of Scope
of Work, pre-qualification of suppliers, bid package preparation (RFP), receipt and evaluation of bids, preparation of
evaluation summaries and request for contract award approvals.
2) Execute/Support the development of demand forecasts for goods and services incorporating demand data
3) Execute/Support the approach to supply market by coordinating the preparation of RFP documents and logging
and handling of bidder clarification requests.
4) Manage “contract fitness” activities to enable Backbone application.
5) Use standard tools, systems and processes.
6) Comply with all laws and regulations in the region to mitigate compliance risks.
7) Comply with BP's Code of Conduct and practice ethical business behavior, using reasonable care to monitor
suppliers and contractors working for BP to ensure they work in a manner consistent with the Code.PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
1) Manage the development of any staff reporting into this position following BP’s talent management processes
2) Coach and provide guidance and help the wider team
3) Manage the development of any staff reporting into this position following BP’s talent management processes.
4) Makes decisions affecting both own tasks and those of others. Combines a variety of factors including commercial
awareness, risk and financial expertise to make appropriate decisions and derive insights.Qualification & Experience and Competencies
- The ideal candidate has minimum 10 years of practical and application in End to End sourcing and contracting of services and commodities in Oil and Gas, coupled with a strong commercial acumen and communication (oral and written English language) skills and minimum 5 years in people management role.
- Proven knowledge and relevant minimum five (5) experience in Oil and Gas categories such as Production (Drilling, Completion, Intervention); Rig Support Services and Reservoir Development and Technology, Integrity Management, life cycle, engineering services and subsea; Operations ( HSSE, MRO, Reliability and Maintenance, Logistics (fuel, inbound logistics, Marine, warehousing & shore base management), Rotating Equipment, .
- Track record of successful Supply Chain delivery in complex, challenging international environments and Joint Ventures
- University degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Procurement or other relevant discipline.