The Sourcing Manager is accountable for the management of a Sourcing Team in GBS Procurement in support of the respective BP businesses. The Team looks after various sourcing activities in the given spend categories under his/her leadership.
- This includes demand management, development of the sourcing strategy and the approach to market based on predefined category strategies, source selection, contract negotiation, creation & maintenance.
- Besides providing professional direction, coordinating team operations and managing performance, the job holder is expected to get involved in the execution of high-complexity sourcing projects.
- In addition, he/she looks after key stakeholder relations and acts as the primary point for escalation
- The ideal candidate has a strong team leadership background, extensive experience in managing sourcing projects and proven knowledge of the given spend categories and marketplace, coupled with a strong commercial orientation, communication and stakeholder management skills.
The job holder will be responsible for:
Value focused operations management
- Ensuring that all activities are compliant with the BP’s Health and Safety (HSSE) requirements, incl. a strong HSSE focus in any purchasing activity
- Driving and maximising value for BP across the spend categories and activities managed
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of value delivery (eg. savings)
- Operational Excellence by ensuring stable, effective and customer-focused service delivery
- Effective management of the activity triage & workflow with the Business Partners, resource allocation and ensuring adequate holiday, training & sickness cover
- Constantly achieving and delivering against the agreed Performance objectives incl. the respective Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring effective escalation management in line with the agreed operating model
- Ensuring all processes are compliant with relevant ISO accreditation & assisting to the preparation for future accreditation
- Ensuring processes are embedded & adhered to consistently in the team
- Ensuring team process and procedure documentations are maintained and fit for purpose
- Driving the evolution of the processes managed and foster the continuous improvement mind-set and culture
- Working closely with other leaders and teams in the GBS Procurement organisation to ensure that overall operational objectives are met, ideas shared and lessons learnt
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, customers and external service providers
- Monitoring and assuring compliance to BP Business Controls and SOX requirements
Team leadership and development
- Adhering to BP’s Leadership expectations
- Conducting performance appraisals with direct reports in accordance with the annual performance management cycle
- Ensuring that regular 1to1 conversations are scheduled and happen in the Team at all levels
- Proactively developing GBS capability: the skills, competencies and knowledge of the team members, to ensure that members achieve their full potential and are enabled to support the short-long term GBS strategy and growth agenda
- Providing coaching for the team leaders and team members to unlock their potential and support their development
- Ensuring that development plans are in place and maintained in the Team in line with the 70:20:10 principle
- Category specific experience is an advantage
- Previous experience in the Oil&Gas industry is an advantage
- Experience with e-procurement, workflow tools (Salesforce) and ERP systems, eg. Ariba is an advantage