Job Family Group:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
Join us in a crucial time of transition! We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work!
GBS Procurement is an integral part of how the BP business and functions operate. Our GBS Procurement support delivery of business and functional strategies by driving efficiency and effectiveness.
The GBS Procurement sourcing team is part of the sourcing pillar and drives the way in which BP approaches the market to source third party supply, balancing efficiency and value drivers in line with category strategy.
This is an Individual Contributor role and will support various bp businesses in End-to-End Sourcing projects as per business request, inclusive of the following activities:
- Receive, implement and continuously lead incoming Sourcing project requests.
- Capture and analyze market intelligence data on a regular basis relative to categories and regions, in order to accurately gauge and evaluate Market and develop Sourcing Strategies.
- Deliver value to internal stakeholders, partnering to lead all Sourcing & Contracting activities in compliance with Category Management Policy.
- Screen suppliers as per the related guidelines
- Monitor continuous supplier prequalification status, and action.
- Support the supplier selection process
- Determine the appropriate contract template and develop the contract content based on the information contained in the Sourcing Strategy, sourcing event and/or detailed scope of work specifications
- Negotiate relevant contract terms with suppliers, within the defined parameters of legal and category guidance.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- The ideal candidate has minimum four (4) to six (6) years of practical and application in End to End sourcing of services and commodities in upstream oil and gas industry environment.
- Proven knowledge and relevant minimum three (3) years of experience in the following categories - engineering services, Engineering equipment, HSSE and EPC services.
- Solid understanding on contracts including drafting.
- Analytical abilities including marketplace and financial analysis.
- Able to work on shift hours and remote location basis.
- Believe in Agile ways of working.
- Familiarity with Ariba Source to Pay and Salesforce will be an advantage.
No travel is expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Agreements and negotiations, Analytical Thinking, Building sustainability, Business Acumen, Category spend profiling, Category Strategy, Commercial acumen, Communication, Cost modelling, Decision Making, Digital fluency, Market Analysis, Negotiation planning and preparation, Sourcing strategy, Stakeholder Management, Supplier Selection, Sustainability awareness and action, Value creation and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.